1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Please help me with MyDvd Sonic 4.0

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by grundle, Jun 20, 2003.

1. grundle

grundle Member

I am doing a fim i originally d/l as 3 svcd files. I have built my main dvd menu (pic for the background, a mp3 file for the music etc..)then click on get movie and select the file and a box appers in the middle of the screen and hey presto i burn it.
    and it all works ok. But when i put the dvd in my home dvd player all works ok and has 1 box in the middle of the screen which you press ok(enter) it plays the movie.. but coz i havnt put chapter seletions on the dvd if i press skip</> it goes back to teh main menu screen (and i think in the top corner says "root" ) what i really want to do is add chapters so i can skip back/fwd easily.
    I have fiddled and played around for hours and i just cant work out how to insert chapters into it. Please please help...

Do i have to do this before encoding the 3 files or can i do this after? where do i go what do i click on etc..? will i also have to add more boxes on the main menu aswell for chaper selections?? can someone give me a step by step?

2. karlthek

karlthek Member

I had to trash MyDVD and am using neoDVD. In neoDVD I couldn't figure out chapters either, but finally found that each mpeg will be it's own chapter, so you may have to split up the larger files into smaller individual ones. It works for me (and neoDVD is GREAT!)