1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by venustail, Dec 2, 2002.

1. venustail

venustail Guest

Right here goes....i have downloaded a film which comes in two .avi files. I can only play it using divx player. I want to be able to put this file onto disc so i can play it on a stand alone dvd player. I have a cdr/cdrw drive. I am a complete novice when it comes to things like this. Anything too technical goes right over my head lol. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it....thanx in advance.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. venustail

venustail Guest

Thanks Dela but i'm still no further along...i used tempenc to convert my .avi to mpeg. It took about 2 hours and went thru all the frames, which made me think that it would convert the whole of the file. When I went to view the file it had only converted 19mins of the film. I went thru the step by step guides followed it to the letter. I'm left wondering what to do. I feel really silly....usually I can suss things out myself but this is beyond me.

4. venustail

venustail Guest

Also my frame aspect is 12.500 fps. This is not the general I noticed. It a tmd film if this helps at all.