1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please read!!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by pimpMike, Aug 8, 2003.

1. pimpMike

pimpMike Guest

ok i downloaded sum movies from kazaa and they are in the MPEG 4 format and i have these steps that i read off a forum of how to use virtual dub and change the format to avi so that "easy video converter" and "TMPGEnc" can convert them or any other program. the steps are
    --------
    1. open the AVI in VirtualDub
    2. click video - direct stream copy
    3. click audio - full processing mode
    4. click audio - compression. Select no compression pcm and click ok
    5. click file - save
    ------
    and then after that my converter program will actually allow me to convert my new format. but halfway through the process an error will pop up saying
    "Exception EAccessViolation in module VIDEOCVT.EXE at 0004caf0.Access Violation at address 0044 cafo in module VIDEO.EXE. Read of address FFFFFFF" and i was wondering what that ment. could sum1 please help me and tell me what the problem is . thanks

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

The format is already an avi so im assuming that you want to recompress the video with a lower bitrate to decrease file size.

You're going to have to set the video to fast recompress. Also You need to select a codec to compress the video. I suggest using divx 5.05 or xvid.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Does the video have errors in it? Does the exception occur at the same time all the time?