1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please simplify forums structure

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by KillerBug, Apr 24, 2009.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

There are way too many forum sections here, and some are hardly ever used anymore.

Forums I would merge:
    "Building a New PC" and "Other PC Hardware" and "Home Theater PC" - becomes "PC Hardware & setup" - the software part of the HTPC forum goes to the linux and windows software forums where people are more likely to respond.
    "DVD-ROM Drives" and DVD+R Drives" - becomes "Optical drives" and also includes blu-ray drives.
    "HD DVD Discussion" and "Blu-Ray Discussion" - becomes "Blu-Ray and HDDVD Discussion"

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

i am sure that they will jump right on this!

3. varnull

varnull Guest

seeing as we are waiting for a full site upgrade sometime this summer.. what's the point?

New features sound good.. especially in the news area... I'm looking forward to the upgrades which will no doubt see a large rationalisation and the dropping of the multitude of duplicated console and dvd topics.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Can't wait for the update...I just hope they do a beta first to work out the bugs.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

We saw the trial setup earlier in the year.. it looks good (like Jari's phone site layout actually.. which is also nice) with a pretty sleek theme.

Also picked up some admin comments concerning a digg style of activity in the news items.. about time too... Not saying exactly what I heard.. Dela knows which post I saw and remembered XD

Please tho guys.. not too much flash.. I hate the buggy proprietary stuff.. and it sucks up bandwidth and allowances for people who are increasingly having monthly data caps enforced by the greedy isp's
    It also causes major problems with slowdown and errors when it doesn't load properly.. photobucket is a prime example of badly written java/flash where it doesn't need to be.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
  6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Agreed, I like how afterdawn looks & works. My only complaint is that the forum search defaults to google.