1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

please take a look at this !

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tmontana1, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Xalizko

Xalizko Member

the bios i will use is EvolutionX M8plus Bios there is a rar and a sfv file. Does this matter?

2. Xalizko

Xalizko Member

how do i make an xios file out of it. It is in a folder on my desktop

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i would use m8plus...you need to extract the bin file out of the .rar file you have...you need to rename the bios to bios.bin you then need to create a 100mb dummy file...use neros to burn these to disk...turn on xbox choose flash from disc....put your disc in and let and watch your chip get flashed...after that you will need to create a evox boot disk...so you can ftp into your box

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2005
  4. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hey there mdsup, ok i finally managed to get the cromwell bios screen on my xbox, ok whats next?, can you tell me what bios and dashboard i need to download and where to find them. alot of sites are asking me to register and pay money.can you send em to me? And how do i burn em onto a disk?

once again thank you for all your help.

5. Xalizko

Xalizko Member

How do i extract the bin from the rar file. I click it and it says to choose a program to open it in.What do i use or how do i extract it? Thanks

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

to tmontana:
    the next step is to flash the chip with a hacked bios...the bios depends on the version of xbox...version 1.0-1.5 use the x2_4983 bios...for 1.6 use m8_16 and for 1.6b use m8plus.

to X guy:
    use winrar or winzip to get the .bin file...once you have it rename it to bios...burn the .bin file and a 100mb dummy file to disc.

7. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

ok thanks friend, can you please tell me where i can find the bios, im having a bit of trouble finding them!

8. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

when you make a bios disc to burn from cromwell
    dont make it into an xiso disc
    just make it into a regular data disc
    popular medium to use is cdrw
    though I (when I used to make bios discs) had a lot of success with dvd-r
    re- the bios if you have IRC (mirc etc)
    use efnet servers #xbins

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  9. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

ok mdsup , i downloaded the bios you told me too, now do i need to download WinRar too. ill do it anyway. ok whats next? how do i make my bootable disk

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

extract the .bin file....rename it to bios...create a 100mb dummy file...burn both of them onto a disc.

turn on your xbox...choose flash from disc...it will then spit the tray out at you, put your disc in, and it should flash the chip...do not touch anything while it is flashing...when it is done the xbox will shut off...wait a few seconds then power it on, and it should boot up.

11. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

what do i need to extract the .bin file and how do i do this. i think its winrar is it? what do you mean a dummy file and do i have to rename it or anything? is it necessary to create a folder to put the bin file and dummy file into and do i have to convert this folder into an xiso or am i way off?

thanks

12. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yeah winrar will extract the .bin file...there is button on winrar that says "extract to"....when you extract it it will be named x2_4983 just rename it to bios

you need a dummy file so the xbox can read the disk...it won't read the small bios file by itself, th dummy file just boosts the size to help the xbox read the disk...just download dummy file creator

no you don't need to put them in the same folder...just burn both of them onto the disc

if you still don't understand you will have to wait until tomorrow...time for me to crash

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2005
  13. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hey there mdsup, ok i downloaded dummy file creator and winrar. i extracted the files from the x2-4983.RAR file and there are 2 bios there. the first one is x2-4983.06 256k and the other one is x2-4983.67 256k. does it matter which one i use. i have my dummy file created(100mb) so now just put one of the bios on a disk along with the dummy and thats it. is it? does the media have to be cdrw?i am out of dvds at the moment and have no cdrw but i have some cd-r here, will that do or will i go out to buy some cdrw?one more question friend,i dont use nero to burn, i use sonic, will this do or should i get a copy of nero.

thanks again for all your help

TM

14. mdsup

mdsup Guest

nah it don't matter which one you use...

just use x2_4983.06 and rename it to bios

then open up your burning software and toss your bios and dummy file in and burn a disc.

15. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hello again mdsup,well i did as you said and at last i think my chip is flashed.when i power on my xbox now im getting the "xecuter2" logo and then it goes to the normal screen. so can you tell me where do i go from here.is the dashboard next? if so can you tell me what dashboard i need?or is there something else i have to do first?

thanks again

16. mdsup

mdsup Guest

good to hear you finally have your chip flashed...yeah now you need a dashboard...you have many choices, i would recommend evox for beginners, but you can try the others if you wish...now that your bios is flashed you will need to create a evox boot disc, so you can ftp...or you can try and find an autoinstaller like slayer's 2.6...the autoinstaller will install a dashboard and apps for you, no need to ftp....i will try and find a link for a evox boot disc.

link for evox boot disc:
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=89545

if this is booted up in the xbox it will take you to evox, which is where you will be able to ftp...from ftp you can copy over the neccessary files to run evox without the boot disc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2005
  17. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

thanks for the reply, heres a list of what i have on my pc at the moment, flash xp,winrar,nero, have my bios flashed,have evolutionX_build_3935 dashboard(not installed), and a program called xiso creator.i found a good article for installing evolution x dashboard

http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/tutorials.php?tutorialid=00000026

it didnt mention anything about an auto installer though,can you tell me the other way of doing it(simplified) using the software that i have if possible.

once again thank you so much for your help

TM

18. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Find the auto installer download and burn it to a cd-r or cd-rw disc then pop it in the xbox and it will be a nice easy screens to follow if you need more info just private message me and I'll be happy to help

19. tmontana1

tmontana1 Member

hey there mdsup, chip is flashed(well when i turn on the xbox now i get the xecuter2 logo) i managed to download the auto installer as an .iso file. i burned this file to a dvd+r using decrypter and the xbox wouldnt read it. do you think this might have had something to do with the media i used, should i try it using cdrw or do you think decrypter might have been the proble,should i get a copy of nero. let me know what you think

TM

thanks

20. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

The media is more than likely the problem. Try DVD-R if DVD+R is giving you a hard time.