1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pleeze help......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djsmalls, Jan 25, 2005.

1. djsmalls

djsmalls Guest

hello,,,just started doing backups about 2 months ago...to make a long story short...it usually takes me
    35-40 min to burn a dvd using dvdcopy plat. these past 2 days its been taking me close to 2 hours...i upraded my comp today...to more memory....and deleted all temp. files....but still taking too long....my friend told me that i burned my video card out...could he be right...thanx in advance....

2. colw

colw Active member

You need to ensure that DMA mode is enabled. Sounds as if you are in PIO mode.

Burning at 4X should take 13 to 15 minutes.

3. djsmalls

djsmalls Guest

what is dma mode on dvdx copy?????

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

DMA mode is not a setting in your video software. It's a method of information transfer to your drive. You have to go to your device manager in windows.

5. seadale

seadale Regular member

i've been having the same problem. this is what i wrote the other day, didn't really get my question answered. i'm using copy & paste in the following, does anyone know the answer to this?>>>>>"one thing i dont get is in the ide 2ndary, there is also a box in the middle. it doesn't have a dropdown so it cant be changed.it say current transfer mode "pio". whats that all about. i changed everything i could to dma. i backed up my 1st movie today using DVD Decrypter & DVD Shrink. It came out great, but is it normal to take 2hrs to do. my computer told me the drives didn't need to be defragged, i use adware once a week. freed up a bunch of space cleaning out old programs. i'll take a look @ the task manager & see if i can see anything. "

6. zippyd

zippyd Active member

right click-uninstall-reboot