1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor 708A and DVD XCopy

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nanllyn, Oct 8, 2003.

1. nanllyn

nanllyn Member

I purchased my Plextor drive recently and found that Nero nor Easy CD Creator could back up my movies. So I bought a copy of DVD XCopy Gold, which has XCopy and Xpress. I am using XP Pro with an AMD Anthalon, 18 gigs of free space on hard drive, and 1G of memory. I have contacted DVD XCopy tech support a few times now and they have suggested to try other DVD media and to uninstall and reinstall XCopy. I have uninstalled all the programs they asked me to uninstall including Nero and Roxio. Nothing they suggested has helped so far. I keep getting "Error reading sector". I have bought the media that they suggested and still no luck. It rips the dvd fine but as soon as it starts to burn I either get "Error reading sector" or the dreaded box that XP pops up stating there has been a fatal error and the program will close. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also if there is another program that will allow you to back up movies such as DVD XCopy then please let me know. I could try something else to see if it will work. Thanks for your help in this matter.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

I think but dont quote me that the patch update for nero v6.0.0.15? has sorted this for your drive! there is also nero v6.0.0.19 out now!!!

Thx...