1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor 716A Will only Write at 1.5x Max

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Matway, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Matway

Matway Member

Ok weird problem, I bought a 716a after x-mas. After about a week of working fine and burning on 8x fuji cd-r discs it burnt no problem. Then all of a sudden the burn speed started maxing out at 1.5x. The 8x still came up when the disc was put in and it was chosen as the option but it still wouldn't burn faster. So I figured I got a bad drive. I exhanged it for a new one, installed it and it worked for 2 weeks this time, then same problem. Then I thought wow I can't believe I got two bad plextors so once again I exchanged it. I just installed the third one and this one straight out of the box first burn and it won't go faster than 1.5x Anyone have any clue whats going on here? Obviously something is screwed up somewhere. I use DVD Shrink and Decryptor(Spelling?) but have tried other programs with the same problem. Thanks a lot of any help you can provide!

Thanks a lot
    Dave

2. Needakip

Needakip Regular member

Check in device manager ide ata/atapi controllers if you are using pio mode - it should be on dma.if it wont let you sellect dma uninstall the controllers and reboot, They will re-install on booting up and should be on dma.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Matway, did you update the firmware to 1.04?