1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor DV converter doesn't work with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by BriMo59, Aug 19, 2011.

1. BriMo59

BriMo59 Member

Hi friends,

I have a Plextor PX-AV100U Digital Video Converter which has worked perfectly for me over the years. It came with InterVideo WinDVD Creator 2, which wont work for me anymore. Now I have Windows 7 on my new PC and cannot get it to work. After much web searching I read that Plextor is not updating the drivers for it, for Windows 7. My question is, is there other software I can use with my existing hardware, or do I need to buy a new capture device? I've been searching the web for days and no luck yet. Sorry if this question has been asked, could not find it in the forums. Thanks for any help !

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

I have run into problems like this in the past myself.You can run two windows operating systems on your PC or just get another capture device.Like you said it doesn't look like they plan on updating the drivers for windows 7.

3. BriMo59

BriMo59 Member

Thanks for the reply JST1946.

Yeah, I didn't want to do the whole partition thingy just to use it for one thing, I guess I'll just have to get a new capture device and make sure it works with W7.

Thanks again for the reply - much appreciated !