1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor firmware upgrade problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dubbac, Dec 26, 2004.

1. dubbac

dubbac Member

Hi,
    Just got a Plextor PX-708UF2 external DVD burner. Hooked up to my laptop through USB 2.0, running DVD Shrink and Nero, and having mixed results, so I thought I'd upgrade the Plextor firmware. Downloaded 1.08 from Plextor, try to run it, and it says "no drive found." ?!?! I know the drive works, because I've backed up several movies with it. Thanks for your help.

2. dubbac

dubbac Member

3. prespd

prespd Member

The PX-708UF2/A2 is different from the PX-708UF/A. It seems as if the 708UF2 is a stripped down version of the 712 series, whereas the 708UF/A series is a 708 series. You cannot mix the two firmwares IIRC. I joined cdfreaks.com this week to ask just the same quesiton. You can download an updated firmware 1.05 from the European site. I installed it and the drives is working fine. I haven't done much burn testing yet, but that is not because of the drive. Been playing with my new Audigy 2 ZS. Here's a link to the post i put in there.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=119763

4. dubbac

dubbac Member