1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor/Pioneer/BenQ

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by callistra, Jul 4, 2007.

1. callistra

callistra Member

Okay so what would you reccomend? Money not an issue. I just want the best. Currently I have a BENQ 1655 but as of the last few days it has started making HORRIBLE noises and I'm almost afraid to put anything in there. It also failed the last burning job I gave it. Reccomendations?

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Plextor build the top drives on the market they just released a couple new drives PX-800A and the PX-810SA (sata drive). they run about 79.00 dollars.

http://www.plextor.com/english/index.html

you won't fine any BenQs out there being they got out of the drive market they are good drives though.

the Pioneer DVR-112D drives are excellent also

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129007&Tpk=Pioneer+112

so this is how i rate them in order

1. Plextor
    2. Pioneer
    3. Lite-On
    4. NEC
    5. LG

i would consider Lite-On and Pioneer pretty much equal in quality

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  3. callistra

callistra Member

I've heard a lot about Plextor.. anyone have any experience with the 800A? Or is it too new to tell how good it's going to be yet..?

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah its to new there aren't even reveiws on newegg.com about them yet

5. Mar000

Mar000 Member

i have a plextor turboplex PX 800A and the only thing was its initial installation
    but after you get comp to recognize it as a dvdrw you will have no problems, i have been using mine for a couple of months now and even if i do a full reformat its still detected and works great.