1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plextor thinks U.S. customers are 2nd class?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by vaderv, Mar 12, 2005.

1. vaderv

vaderv Member

I recently purchased a Plextor 716a DVD burner. I have been doing quite a bit of surfing to learn more about it and have found something out that really peeves me off! First minor stuff. The black bezel and tray that comes with th Euro drives has the Plextor logo and model number on it not so in U.S.. What really strike a sour note with me is that in Europe you get Nero and Cyberlink!! I admit not knowing anything about roxio before I got this drive but figured due to Plextor's reputation "how bad can it be"? Personally I find it useless. I swear on my dead Mother I will never build another system for myself or my customers with any Plextor product in it until we get treated in the U.S. at least as good as Plextor europe treats their customers.

2. T3RR0R

T3RR0R Member

Plextor does provide the same great documentation and support globally. However, Plextor's decision to package their model 716a burners slightly differently has nothing to do with whom they feel is better or more deserving. It is a decision based strictly on cost along with some licensing issues, that's all.

Athough you do have a good point, I would have liked to have had a bezel with the Plextor logo on it and a copy of Nero along with that. A small trade-off for a good quality burner I guess.

3. vaderv

vaderv Member

Personally I'd rather have paid 20 extra bucks. Even though I'd bet you the cost differance was nothing near this. I have also noticed on a thread in these forums that rather than ship the early buggy version of these drives in europe Plextor of europe held up on them and waited for the fixes to be implimented. Like I said the more research I do the more I see that the U.S. branch of Plextors corperation is taking their job of protecting us a lot less serious than they do in other parts of the world. Now T3RROR if the fact that plextor decieded it was ok to ship the buggy drives in the States but not in europe does not imply to you that they figure U.S. customers are second class. I really don't know what it would take to offend you.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You think you have it bad in the States? Try living in Britain, we get all the movies aeons after you, you have a vast selection of dvds compared to UK, your prices are way cheaper for most things. We do have the best race engineers (that will rattle a few cages!) & circuits. Spa is without doubt THE ultimate drivers track.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  5. vaderv

vaderv Member

I won't even try and argue with any of those points. Not much ammo availible here with the go fast, turn left mentality here.