1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls help! no sound on rar files

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ana_nixon, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ana_nixon

ana_nixon Member

hi, hopefully someone can fill me in on where im going wrong, i would be v v grateful. ive downloaded a dvd rip and managed to get the video to play usiing winrar, as someone suggested, but ive got no audio to go with it, could someone tell me how to solve this? also im still a little confused about winrar itself, the dvd had loads of of files, and i opened the first one and that seems to be the entire film, do i need to open the others to get the sound?

thanks so much, luv ya loads, anna xxx

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

ana_nixon: Holy smokes. Okay, you have 40 files. Basicly, whats inside is split over those 40 files. You use winrar to extract what is inside to your computer. Usually you open the file with the .rar extension, but you can normally open any of them and it will extract from the rest. Once youve extracted the file or files, then you can use them. My guess is you got ac3 sound so you need to go download the ac3 codec to hear the sound.