1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help me with birthday present for son

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mp1434, Mar 4, 2005.

1. mp1434

mp1434 Member

i wana get my son a new xbox hard drive. i know where to buy but i have a few questions, i wana get him a 250gb hard drive can xbox surport it? how do i install the new hard drive? (my son has a Xecuter 3 and the latest bios) thanks for your time

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

the x3 bios will enable you to format the drive, as well as allows support for 250gig hd.

first step is to back up everything on the current hd to your pc(whatever you wish to transfer to the new hd)

all you gotta do is: put the new hd in the xbox and boot up the xbox to configlive, from there should be a hard disk tools option, then there should be some formating options...just format the hd, once that is complete you can start ftp files onto the xbox...should be all you need...it is very simple with the x3 bios.

3. mp1434

mp1434 Member

sweet, thnx mate

4. mp1434

mp1434 Member

i have one problem, on the x3 live config i set it to do boot to my dash on startup. how do i get to x3 configlive ?

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

hold down the white button while the xbox boots up

6. mp1434

mp1434 Member

thnx alot mate, u helped me alot