1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help, unable to burn mpeg2 to DVD using Tmpgenc DVD Author.

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by pwangdel, Oct 24, 2004.

1. pwangdel

pwangdel Member

Greetings:

After taking a 2H video clip of a funeral on a Sony DI8. I use Media Studio pro 7 to capture & render to a 86 minute AVI file (18GB) without any special effects (just have an indroduction in text format) and compress it to mpeg2 (~1.5GB) file. I follow the "How to author a DVD using TMPEGEnc DVD Author" guide http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?guideid=455#455 and many time I want to burn the mpeg2 file to a DVD+R using Tmpgenc DVD Author 1.6. Everything went smootly (just follow the instruction and use default settings) until I hit the "Begin Output"; the program creates empty folders "Volume1" with 2 sub-directories Audio_TS & Video_TS and exits itself automatically. Am I missing something? Any suggestion and help is greatly appreciated.

My rig:
    - Abit IS-7 Mobo
    - P4 2.8E GHz 800FSB
    - 1X PMI3200 512MB Dual channel turbo PC 3200 DDR400
    - 2X WD1200JBRTL 120GB 8MB buffer ATA 100 with multiple NTFS partition (4GB OS w/ 1.2GB free, 6.5GB program 1.32GB free, 1.2GB swap 480MB free, 28GB video1 20GB free , 28GB video2 15GB free, 110GB free videotmp partition).
    - 16X Nec ND3500A Dual layer DVD-/+RW
    - 128MB Nvidia Quadro 750XGL
    - Antec 430W TruePower power supply
    - XP Prof. sp1
    - All video partition is defragmented.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

pwangdel,

Media Studio Pro can output to a DVD...so why are you using TMPGEnc DVD Author?

It sounds like TMPGEnc is crashing. No errors anywhere?

Adder.

3. benv0004

benv0004 Member

Howdy,
    My Friend had the same problem he downloaded a copy of it that also included a crack off a P2P network. It keeped exiting as he tried to output it. Ill say to you as i said to him, By a genuine copy of it. He followd these instructions and has a genuine copy if it his problems are solved. He can now succesfuly compile a DVD in it. Piracy is a road that no one should take. If you like somthing pay a tribute and by it!

4. pwangdel

pwangdel Member

Thank you all for your help.

I will take a deeper look at Media Studio Pro and see if I can directly output my avi to DVD files. It would be great if It does. This way I won't need to buy Tmpgenc or anything else. The less installed software the better it will be since my system won't be clutterred with all the junks. This is just a one time project to help out a relative. He is not a computer savvy and doesn't know how to author DVD or find these great forums. I can explain to him what I find out and he will be on his own. This DVD author isn't my cup of tea and is too much time consuming for my busy schedule anyway. I am so glad that it is over.

Once again thank you all for your time and help.