1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLZ help with homework

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by amrit01, Feb 23, 2005.

1. amrit01

amrit01 Member

hey i need help with my social studies homework i am hoping one of the members will kno they question is "Why was the Orange Lodge loyal to Great Britain during 1837?" can someone please help me i have to right a page on this stuff

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

was to do with the irish as the orange lodge if right was protestant & the majority of the irish are catholics. i think in 1837 in ireland was the great potatoe famine that resulted in the island's population being reduced by at least 25% either by starvation or moving to the new world like canada & the usa

3. paulsy

paulsy Member

why don't you do a google tons of info on the orangies out there...coming from NI i know quite a bit on the subject but i don't want to sit here for the next 2million years going on about....ddp no harm to you mate but is that not like saying that the majority of canadians were native indians..very touchy subject all depending in what part of the world you live...all the best P

4. ddp

the republic of erie, is it not predominately catholic whereas northern ireland about half or more protestant. my mother side of the family, some are from county claire? in the south & others are from england. friend of mine is from belfast area

5. paulsy

paulsy Member

The republic of Eire is state in which 93%are catholic..the great famine happened in the years 1846-1850...sure whats 9 or 10 years between friendly policatal and cultrual rivals, if it haddened been for the greedy british landlords we would't be in this mess

6. paulsy

paulsy Member

and don't forget my friend canda is a british colony no matter what way you want to word it

7. ddp

not a colony any more but a member of the commonwealth

8. paulsy

paulsy Member

what does it say on your passport...British.....
    why any ignorant idiot would come to this forum and ask such an insulting and insensitive question is beyond me,why you and i are arguing about it is beyond me,why such a subject is being taught at school/college is beyond me,why the mod,s allowed a topic such as this to go unchecked is beyond me...let me put it this way the orange order are loyal and never have been loyal to no one but themselves and the stamping out of catholisim and anything associated with it,if you have any doubts maybe you should visit west Belfast during their marching season and get your eye's opened,i spose i'll get banned for this little outburst but i'll consider it worthwhile....p

9. ddp

1: passport would say canadian not british as we have our own constitution
    2: i've see the mess in northern ireland on the boob tube
    3: i have a friend from belfast area who was a cop & soldier who has seen his fellows cops blown away which is why he came to canada
    4: 2nd on that on the subject should not be here as this is a techno forum not a social studies forum