1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PLZ Help Xbox Fried itself

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by XboxNeedU, Feb 3, 2005.

1. 121flame

121flame Member

If you bought your xbox legally and registered it legally then you should have had a letter through the mail saying that if your xbox console was made before 23 october 2003 or something like that, then you need to replace your power cord with a new free (with postage and packaging free too:))

2. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

xboxneedu i know what your problem is this exact same thing happened to me. It is just the power supply board. you can fix it for free. When microsoft made the xbox where they soldered the power plug onto the power board they just barely even did it and this comes loose and causes the xbox to crackle and spark by where you plug it in. all you have to do is open your xbox and take a small 15watt soldering iron and resolder it to the power board you will know where to solder because it will be burnt. look for tutorials on how to open your xbox.
    when you get it fixed i suggest putting super glue on the outside around the crack of the power plug so it cant move and come loose again.

3. XboxNeedU

XboxNeedU Member

I know about the powercord and i already got it, it does not work it just blow and crackle. But please help your advice sound right i just got to find the screw bit that fit it. If anyone know where to get one cheap or free perferably not on the internet.

Thank for the help.

4. XboxNeedU

XboxNeedU Member

I know about the powercord and i already got it, it does not work it just blow and crackle. But please help your advice sound right i just got to find the screw bit that fit it. If anyone know where to get one cheap or free perferably not on the internet.

Thank for the help.

5. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

i wasnt telling you its the power cord. the new microsoft power cord does nothing to fix the problem. all it does is detects if it sparks and cuts the power so it doesnt catch fire. you need to buy a new power supply. search ebay for xbox psu or xbox power supply. you need a torx driver to remove the xbox case and power board.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I removed my Foxlink power supply from my 1.0 and resoldered both joints. My power supply look pretty good, the joints weren't smoke black or anything. For safe measure, I went ahead and turned my soldering iron loose. I have 2 shiny joints now!! Ohh, the hell with those new power cords!! Has anyone seen the new 1.0 power cords with the test and reset buttons?? I just got mine and I'm amazed how M-soft can try to bullshit people into thinking that a power cord was the cause of this fire scare going on right now.... then again they are M-soft, they can get away with anything. Honestly, those @#$ers didn't wan't to shell out the cash to replace every single power supply from every version Xbox out there. Instead they blame it on a poor innocent little power cord...a recall on all power supplys would have been more logical.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  7. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

yes you are right. the power cord does nothing. Unfortunately I was not able to just solder the points because mine was all burned up there was a big black hole where the solder points were.