1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plz help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aStranger, Mar 26, 2005.

1. aStranger

aStranger Member

hi everyone, am new to this site, and am trying to copy a dvd with decrypter, but i keep getting errors up... am i doing something wrong, or is there anything special i have to do??

would love your help plz

thank you for your time :)

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Its pretty hard to tell if your doing something wrong, when you didnt tell us what your doing, except using dvd decrypter.
    We need more info.

3. aStranger

aStranger Member

sorry about that

i'm on the 3rd last file of racing stripes on decrypter, and i keep getting an I/O error... am wondering what button i have to click on ie:- abort, retry, or ignore

am new so plz bear with me if i forget some info

ty

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I copied this off the dvd decrypter website from LIGHTING_UK the author of dvd decrypter.

What brand discs are you using?
    This seems to be a disc problem.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  5. aStranger

aStranger Member

source disc is a printable one and destination disc is a databank, but as i'm trying to save the movie to my harddrive i know its not the destination one yet

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

So your trying to copy a copy?
    If the source disc isnt an original, you might have trouble if the disc wasnt done on good media.

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Is the original dirty or scratched?

If not, then it has flaws in the data that can't be recognized.

8. aStranger

aStranger Member

the source disc is a copy yes, but no it isnt scratched or marked

i got every file copied except for one

anyway i do thank you for all your help, guess i cant copy it, oh well

9. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Whoa' aStanger,
    a poor disc, doesn't have to show any flaws, I think most of us, have had copies, of lots of data, and a few weeks/months later a blank disc...
    in my case the disc'?? would have a longer life; supporting a well distilled Vodka n' tonic.. :)

regards gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  10. aStranger

aStranger Member

thanx gringle

your advice has been taken into hand, but i might have to make it a scotch and coke.....lol

11. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You may be able to use dvd decrypter in brute force ripping mode to get it done. You may also be able to use a different DVD burner or Rom. You don't have to have a burner to rip. My laptop sometimes rips movies that my burner on my home pc won't.

12. aStranger

aStranger Member

brute force??

as for now i have the source disc in the rom and destination disc in the writer ( thought it might be easier that way then i dont have to keep changing discs all the time ) but i can try the source disc in the writer and see how it goes from there

13. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Yeah. I'd try the burner as the ripper and see if that'll do it. Like I said, some dvd roms rip better than others and some writers rip better than others.

I personally would avoid copying DVDs on the fly if that's what you're doing. Now, if you put the source in the rom, then rip to the hard drive first as an intermediate point, then burn from the HD to the writer, that's okay.

But then again, I don't have any experience with copying on the fly. Others may be able to shed some insight. I just don't think it's a good idea. This way, you can make sure you don't have buffer under-runs.

If the writer won't rip it, try dvd decrypter in brute force mode. You may get it to rip, but there may be an error in the final product (you may see some pixelization or artifacts in the video.)

14. aStranger

aStranger Member

thanx sadsac, when i copy, i always save to harddrive first then burn to disc... have never tried disc to disc, and wouldnt know where to start....lol

and how would i get dvd decrypter in brute force mode?

15. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Select "tools", then "settings", then "css", then check the "brute force" circle. Click "ok", then try the rip.

I would try using the writer in normal mode before attempting brute force.

Also, if you have only one file that wouldn't rip, make a note of which file it was, then download and use a small program called "ISO buster". I think there's a link on this website. That will allow you to strip files individually. It may work better for problematic files. You may want to try it if you can't get decrypter to work.

16. aStranger

aStranger Member

thanx sadsac, will go exploring now and see what i can see/find

dont worry, if i have any more problems ill be back....lol

aStranger