1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

plzzz how to encode avi to smaller avi ..?!!

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by solid_me, Feb 6, 2005.

1. solid_me

solid_me Member

plzzz guys recommend some programs to do so i have an anime eposide xvid as of 175 mb.avi i want to encode it to a smaller size i know the the quallity would be less so plzzz what are the best pros to encode it to a smaller size by changing the bitrate or what so ever using this avi format..!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First, you'll lose some video quality. But open the movie with VirtualDub, choose Video__Compression___Xvid (you'll have it), and set a smal bitrate (smaller than the original; just try or use a Bitrate calculator). As targer quantizer, on Xvid, you can choose from 1 (Highest quality) ; almost a 1/2 DVD in size, to 31 (smallest file).
    Use Twopass: on the 1-st pass it analyzes the movie, at the 2nd pass it compresses the movie by choosing a bitrate from '0' to your maximum chosen (and it will be chosen according to the difficulty of the piece of the movie it's compressing, determined at 1st pass).
    The profile for DVD mocies it AS @ L5, but if the movie has already a low resolution than a DVD, you can choose another. A good way is
    1) reduce the movie resolution to VCD's with TMPGenc
    2) compress the MPG with AS @ L3 Twopass.

3. mootube

mootube Member

4. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

no...you should go the virtual dub method. It will be benificial to you later on. :)