1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poblems with LG 4160B

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by abc1833, Nov 27, 2004.

1. abc1833

abc1833 Member

I recently bought a LG4160B. I used ritek dvds which I say are pretty good media right. But for some reason the dvds that are burned cannot be read in the end as it will not work. For example i burn as data 26 files. But the last one doesn't work. It works for my dvd burner but for other computers it does not. As well, when I burn movies, it won't play in dvd players. It plays well in the beginning. But won't be able to play at the end. Does anyone know what the problems are. As well, I heard taht the LG 4120 B is better than the 4160. And as well, does firmware 302 actually help solve the problem. Thx for advance.

2. EASG

EASG Member

I had a similar problem too and this is what LG suggest.

-----------Reply to Customer Enquiry ------------
    Great Company. Great People. Dear Eduardo, Thank you for contacting LG Electronics concerning your computer-related inquiry. Please try using one of the types of media that is recommended specifically for the GSA-4160B: CD-R : LG, Mitsubishi Chemical, Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, TDK or SKC discs are recommended. CD-RW : LG, Ricoh, Mitsubishi Chemical, Verbatim discs are recommended. DVD-R : Maxell, Taiyo Yuden, JVC are recommended. DVD-RW : JVC, Mitsubishi Chemical, TDK are recommended. DVD+R : Taiyo Yuden, JVC, Ricoh are recommended. DVD+RW : TDK, FujiFilm are recommended. DVD-RAM : Maxell, Panasonic are recommended. DVD+R DL : Mitsubishi Chemical is recommended. There are manufacturing differences between different brands of media, and the brands listed have been tested and are known to work well. Some brands will work for a time and then start causing write errors. It's really important to use recommended media, particularly while troubleshooting. If you continue to have problems after using one of the recommended brands, please call 1(800)243-0000 for further assistance. Please make sure your computer is accessible when you call, in order for our technicians to assist you in troubleshooting. Thank you again for contacting LG Electronics. Cyndi E-mail Administrator Customer Interactive Center LGEAI

Use the recommended media that is all.