1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl: can you make 2 saves?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by judasinc, May 22, 2007.

1. judasinc

judasinc Member

i have a ds with a supercard sd. i'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have 2 separate saves on the same single sd card. as you may or may not know, if you have both games on the sd card, they both use the same save. this could be the case even if you have 2 real games, i don't know (although it would be nice if someone could verify). back to using the same save: right now i have a pearl game with 20 or so hours of gameplay. a threw on diamond into the sd card so a friend could also enjoy the game, but to our surprise it loads my pearl game even though we're using the diamond rom.

so back to my question, is there anyway to have it, so that we can have 2 separate saves for both diamond And pearl?

preferably i would rather a one time solution even if it's mildly complicated (e.g. not have to back up the saves each time; i don't know how to do that right now either).

2. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

There is a program that can backup multiple saves its made for supercard it is called Supercard Save Manager created by Noda. It allows u to use 9 save files. i have never use it before, but my friends have. so i donno how to use it. Btw can u give me a few Diamond save files? thx

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  3. judasinc

judasinc Member

cool, i'm going to give the save manager a try right now.

and i only have a back up of my pearl save, which i can give to you if you want. (haven't started playing diamond yet.)
    there's a link at the top of the this forum about pokemon saves where you can choose which pokemon you want etc. you might want to try it out

if you still want my pearl save, let me know.

Edit: the save manager doesn't work. and because i had multiple folders on the sd card (i.e. X:\DS X:\GBA X:\New) and was using the the save manager with files on just the root (i.e. X:\ ), for some reason i could no longer see/access the folders and had to format the SD card. all the games i had on the root i was able to then back up, but the games/saves in the folders i lost.

Anywho, 1 reason why i think the manager doesn't work is because no matter what you rename the saves, diamond or pearl still somehow only and always opens up the first/original one.

Last edited: May 22, 2007