1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Audio on VHS to DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Nucklhed, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Nucklhed

Nucklhed Member

I have successfully managed to get VHS tapes to DVD (Power Producer 2 and a USB 2.0 capture device) without to many dramas and I am quite happy with the video quality on the DVD but the final audio on the DVD is not as good as I would like it to be. It plays back on the PC great but when it is burnt to DVD the sound is off. I have selected MPEG in the audio, what's best?, should I try LPCM instead?, I don't have too many options.

Cheers
    Nucklhed

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

LPCM is better Quality audio because it is Uncompressed But it will also Make the Audio allmost as Big as the Video so you will only be able to fit about half as Much Video on a DVD...

Try Captureing the audio useing a Higher Bitrate Like 384kbs and you should get better audio Quality..If you have the Option to capture the audio to Dolby AC3 then that would be best but very few Capture programs will capture the audio to this Format But if you Have "Intervideo WinDVR 3.0" you can capture the Audio to Dolby AC3....

Cheers

3. Nucklhed

Nucklhed Member

Thanks for that info Minion, it's much appreciated. I'll have a play see what happens.

Cheers

4. permatex

permatex Regular member

to nucklhed-cyberlink has upgraded their powerproducer-2 to powerproducer-3.this upgrade has worked out some of the bugs.this is a free uograde to registerrd users.you way have bettet luck with this uogrsde.

5. Nucklhed

Nucklhed Member

Thanks Permatex for the info, I'm a registered user of cyberlinks powerproducer 2.0 gold but when I log onto their site they want to charge me to upgrade to powerproduver 3.0. I cant find where to get the upgrade for free.

Cheers

6. permatex

permatex Regular member

sorry about that,maby when powerproducer 3 was first introduced,there was upgrade promotion to registered users,the upgrade may be worth paying for.good luck.

7. permatex

permatex Regular member

to nucklhed-i did some checking at cyberlink and there is two patches for powerproducer-2,check and make sure you have these patches inslalled.they fix several problems with the program.these are free patcers.