1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor playback picture quality

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by shorthair, Apr 26, 2009.

1. shorthair

shorthair Member

I receive sat on a Directv H 21-100 HD receiver & record on a Toshiba D-R410 which plays commercial disc's fine but what I record is a less than sharp picture. Connections from sat to TV are HDMI, from d-r410 to TV are HDMI, but from the sat to the DVD burner is an S video for picture & the component cables for audio ( which is fine) since there is no extra HDMI output from the sat receiver nor a HDMI input into the D-R410 how do I get a good recording picture wise ?

2. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

First wrong forum.

Second. S-video (is not fine) is not suitable for HD content. And Component Cables are not for Audio, you must mean Composite.

To get a good HD recording, you need to connect your video in on your recorder to at least Component video (Red,Blue,green) . Audio should be via optical if possible.

3. shorthair

shorthair Member

Toshiba has no provision for optical audio feed & the audio is fine now with the composite cables I will get a set of component cables for hd video.
    Thanks