1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Quality in 6-4-3-2 hour mode??

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by Tubesox, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Tubesox

Tubesox Guest

Sony DVD Recorder RDR-GX300

I record Football for fun and am not at all pleased with the quality. I need to record on 4hr mode to get the entire game. Their is a fuzziness/distortion around the images and it get worse with action. I first purchased a less expensive Phillips model which I returned for this same reason. In my opinion, VCR's record better in SLP.

Is there any plan to increase the compression of recordable DVD's so I can fit a whole game onto one DVD in high quality mode?

Am I missing a setting?

2. Tubesox

Tubesox Guest

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

No mate you are stuck with it!!. Standalone dvd recorders are "fine" in 2 hour mode, but in my expereince the pic quality rapidly declines on the 4 hour mode. (6 hour mode is a joke).

Ever thought of splitting the game over 2 disks?.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

*moved*

5. tdale

tdale Member

I have a Panny E85. My TV is a Sony Vega 34", and all scart connections. The TV has an awesome picture. In 1 hour mode on the E85, its exactly the same as the TV is terms of picture, in 2 hour mode, I cant se a difference, in 4 hour mode, it degrades to about VHS, in 6 hour mode its not good, and not smooth, but the 6 hour mode and 8 hour mode are fine for cartoons, even them the compression is noticeable, but only just on cartoons. So, the 1,2, are brilliant,and the 4 hour mode would be just fine for those programs that are just an average quality image

6. Boxerboyz

Boxerboyz Guest

I have a panasonic DMR-50 and there is this function record mode that works best for all time frames. It uses the length of time you enter and fills the disc in the highest quility. If you have this option try it, you just might like it.