1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

poor quality with Philips DVP3140 while using component cable

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by wylietang, Apr 18, 2009.

1. wylietang

wylietang Member

I recently decided to use a component cable (cheap one) instead of composite on the player and the quality is very poor. Do I need to get a high-end cable like a gold plated? The player is hooked onto a 32" Bravia. Many thanks.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Once you hooked up the component cables, did you set the player to "Progressive Scan"? If it doesn't have a switch for this, you'll need to find it in the menus somewhere. The owner's manual should tell you how to do it. There may or may not be a setting in the tv's menus also.
    Progressive scan should give you the best possible picture, from the player.
    Good luck!

3. wylietang

wylietang Member

hi JVC thanks for the reply.

I switched the setting on DVD player to P-scan but no difference. The Bravia does not have such setting. Do you think a higher end cable will help? Fortunately I can still return the cable.

4. JVC

JVC Active member

You can try it, but I doubt it.
    Just don't buy Monster cables!

Make sure too, that you got the right color in the right place. It's hard sometimes to tell the difference between the blue and green cables.