1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popping and Snapping in Computer Audio

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tmr250z, Apr 19, 2007.

1. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

I wasn't sure where to post this, so If this isn't the right forum, mods please move it.

Ok, when ever I listen to any kind of audio on my computer lately, be it mp3's played in WinAmp, DVDs played on PowerDVD, or any type of audio stored on my hard drive, I hear popping and snapping sounds. They always happen at the same exact spot of a song or any audio I play.

I have a also 3-year old Gateway 7330GZ Notebook with Conexant Audio.
    I've tried to find an update for my sound card driver, but the company has gone out out business.

Can anyone help me fix this?

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Driverguide.com will have a listing of more drivers than you'd care to search thru.....but they are easy to find.

Once you get them, remove the device from the Device Manager and reboot... reinstall the new drivers.

3. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work. I tried a total of 4 supposedly compatible Conexant AC-Link Audio drivers on my gateway notebook, but all installation attempts failed. Then I went to gateway.com looking for updated drivers for my particular model notebook, but there weren't any updated drivers for my sound card.

What can I do now?

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

You could try either calling Gateway....or doing a long search thru Google for the specific drivers.