1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible color wheel problem with samsung dlp

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nick81381, Sep 27, 2007.

1. nick81381

nick81381 Member

noticed my tv started making a humming noise about a month ago when starting the tv up....no picture would appear, but the audio would work....i went ahead and got another bulb for my tv, and still, try to start the tv up, but no picture, however, i have audio and the humming sound...so i heard about the trouble some people were having with their color wheels making that sound in the back...however, they say that sound is apparent WHILE they're watching tv, while mine won't even give a picture...so is this a color wheel problem, or a lamp problem, or both? I'm not getting any blinking lights on the front with this lamp....just the humming noise and no picture, only audio! thanks for the help!

2. JC33

JC33 Member

I Have the same problem with HL-P50 been waiting since august for part. I heard there are many on back order

3. JC33

JC33 Member

I found the real Samsung executive customer service names and numbers not that they are any more helpful. email me to talk. HLP50 failed in 08/07 still dont have back. servicefirsthvacr@comcast.net

4. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Apparently the color wheel is the weak link with Samsung TVs. My less than 3 yr old HL-P4663 went ka plunk as well. Turn it on and you hear this grinding whining sound louder than the volume. If I try to turn it off it just keep making that horrible noise, front buttom blinks gree on right side then left side starts to blink. Eventually it will turn itself off but surprise moments later it turns itself on again.

Sometimes I will turn it off, let it set for a while then turn it back on and whalla it seems to work well again.

Techs I've spoken to say its the color wheel and since I can get a picure, crummy as it is it isn't a bulb. No doubt that will change when they come to replace the color wheel.

"Hummm, what do you know you do need a new color bulb after all." The best price I could get for a color wheel was $350 including labor. What do you bet the cost of a bu;b will bring the price up to about $550

I've decided to have it repaird this one time. If it fails again its going in the trash along with a copy of a rather nasty letter to Samsung. (copy of which shall be on YouTube).

5. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

I hope it is a long detailed letter with no juicy tidbit left out.

6. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Trust me it shall be detailed....names, dates and replies (of which I expect none) I hope others will do the same.

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Excellent!

8. celtboy

celtboy Guest

i have a samsung 22in hd rready,flat screen, only a few wks old, i have it conected to pc as to watch movies on, but it has now started to react funny when i try to use the remote, when i press menu it brings up a blue striped panel on the right hand side of screen, and when i try info button it brings up a black and white striped panel on the top right hand side of screen, and it is working volume and program movment,but not displaying on screen....?? any help ..please?

sorry to butt in,but i was told to post in here..:))