1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Dropped Frames

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Gnomex, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

An update for those that want to follow up this thread

After tracking and verifying that the dropped frames were a direct result with a problem with CCE Basic/CCE SP trial. I tried other encoders, but always went back to what worked for me in the past.I never had this problem and tried the following to fix it.

1. Clean reinstall of DVD-RB configuration
    2. Disabled ALL system startup tasks .
    3. Disabled multiple system services

Well, while this process freed up system resources, it did not fix the problem.

Last, I reconfigured my boot drive and setup a multi-boot O/S configuration. The new O/S contained DVD-RB and all the standard applications used in this process. Well, I have backed up four movies at this point with no dropped frames message. The problem seems to be gone at last. The moral of this story, all else fails break down and pull out that O/S install disk and start the reinstall or set up several O/S's on a single PC.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, I never got dropped frames with the SP trials at all. The occasional dropped frames with the CCE Basic still haven't caused a problem. So, I still don't consider it a problem myself. What did jdobbs say about the situation or did you not submit the question?

3. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

I passed my concerns to jdobbs in the beginning. He basicly told me that CCE basic can dropp frames in a situation where the PC may be unstable. (configuration issues). The multi-bootO/S chews up a little HD space, but it seems to fix this problem.

I rarely have the time to watch the backups in a timely fashion. I just want to rebuild it process the video, burn it and forget about it for the moment.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Sounds like the issue of CCE Basic dropping frames may have just got blown off by jdobbs. It isn't a situation that normally causes problems. My system isn't the least bit unstable. I checked the same files with Basic and SP and found Basic dropped a few frames and SP didn't. Both supplied a good backup. Whatever the reason for the dropped frames I got, it wasn't a problem. To date, it's still working fine. Now, I don't even remember what the circumstances were that lead me to finding the dropped frames.

5. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

The error message "Possible Dropped Frames" is exactly that. There may be dropped frames, perhaps not. I am sure I had this error message a while back and all was fine. Well, since I did the multi-boot O/S all seems to be fine at least in terms of NOT seeing that message now.

Now to find the time to watch some of the backupss..

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Gnomex

Do any of us ever watch our backups? LOL

7. fisty

fisty Member

i cant use cce basic 2.70.1.4--i can use 2.70.1.2 or below with no probs that .4 always gives me dropped frames on my AMD machine--- if that helps you any

8. brobear

brobear Guest

I experienced a few dropped frames with CCE Basic 2.69 on my Intel machine. It happens on different systems and none of the Basic versions seem to be immune; at least none I've been using. It's not been a problem. An occasional dropped frame isn't going to have much impact. Now if it showed a huge bundle of frames dropped, then a person might see a problem with a video.

9. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

Well, a few dropped frames might not be much of an problem. However, I was dropping from a few hundred to several thousand. What a mess, it came down to system configuration problems on the workhourse PC.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL They should have an error warning saying you're dropping video segments instead of just frames. If the change in configuratation settings made the difference, then I'm glad it works for you. What did you say you did to correct the problem you were having?

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I hope that's not feet, you know how easily frames break. LOL