1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to have a view counter on threads?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by g1neo, Jun 20, 2003.

1. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Hi dRD,

Would it be possible to put the number of people who have viewed a particular thread in somewhere, i know there is nothing major to be gained from this however me personally when looking through threads i do wonder how many other people have viewed the same thread?:)

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

I've wondered the possibility quite a lot, but the fact is that implementing such feature would put quite a lot of pressure to the database, specially if the feature would be implemented "correctly" i.e. if the same user visits the thread twice, he/she will be counted only once.

And more pressure to the db means slower page loading times, so at the moment it's not a feature I'm willing to implement (we survive currently quite well by having only one db server and four web servers, this would/might lead to a situation where we would need to invest more cash to get yet another server).

Thanks for the suggestion though, feedback is always good to have :)