1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to record 24/96 with a PC DVD burner?

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by The_Mule, Oct 17, 2003.

1. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Looks good on paper!
    The big question is going to be how well discs made on this recorder play back on other players. It has been an issue that a lot of these devices only play back their discs on the machine that wrote them.
    It all goes to show that IMO, before much longer, Computer based burners are going to disappear. Yanaha have already withdrawn all their computer based CD-R/W drives, and other companies are looking like following their example citing "legal situation with regard to IP & Copyright issues". As we all know, Elby also discontinued Clone CD for legal reasons too.
    They really do desperately want to put the genie back in the bottle.
    Still, back on topic, this looks like a good machine, and I'd love to see a serious review of it sometime soon.

2. maxg

maxg Member

Every time I think I have something nailed another issue comes up.

Cant make head nor tail of the manual (all 150 odd pages of it). Lots of how to stuff - not much technical - I have a feeling it only records at 48/16 anyway and 96/24 is reserved for playback only.

I would have been very surprised if Sony, of all companies, would have let something like this slip through.

You know how they are with keeping us from the good stuff...

As for playback compatibility - they talk all over the manual about playing back on other machines - and this one supports both -r/rw formats and +r/rw so something should work...