1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to use a NES / Gambeboy emulator on xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Rogue_77, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

As the thread suggests, I'm interested in using a NES and/or Gameboy emulator for xbox? Is there one available? I have Slayer's installed so I do have some emulators (SNES, Genesis(?)) already included. Where would these programs be located? Would the ROMS have to be installed to my F: drive?

Thanks

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

NES, Gameboy, and a load of other emulators can be found on xbins. The roms go in the "roms" folder of that emulator.

3. Rogue_77

Rogue_77 Member

Thanks,

Just one other question. How would I go about putting this on the menu as well? (I'm using Slayer for the dash)

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

just ftp the emulators into the emulator folder...then reboot your xbox and they should should up...once you have the emulator you will need to aquire some roms(games)...once you have roms just put them into the roms folder, and double check the emu .ini file to make sure it points to the correct folder for the roms.

5. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

hey i was wandering where i could get som emulaters for my xbox, ihave the roms, xbins as far as i know only support emulaters, but i could be wrong, any help would be nice, thanks

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Can you restate your question? You want emulators for Xbox right? Then yes xbins on Efnet is the place, it has all the emulators for Xbox.

7. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

sorry if i didnt make myself clear, im looking for roms, i already have the emulaters but i just need roms, i looked at xbins but they only seem to have emulaters, so if u know a place where a person could get some roms that would be very helpful, thanks

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Try eDonkey or Kazaa.

9. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

ok, thanks, now do thge roms have to be special, "just for xbox" or does any regular rom u use on the pc work to?

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The roms for PC should be OK I think, as long as they're in .zip format they should work.

11. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

pc roms are good, but try to keep the rom names under 26 characters. I think that is the character limit for any file on the xbox.

12. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

But if you have the roms, you need to have the actualy game. Other wise it would be piracy. But if you own them, then roms are simple to find. Google "Nes Roms".

13. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

I guess I should of said that disclaimer, huh!

14. adsfbike

adsfbike Member

yes we wouldnt want to pirate now would we? even though nintendo doesnt sell or make nintendo 64 games any more(not to many game stores even sell them anymore)