1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Post counter" filter.

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by billybob, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

One at the top is an Assult Rifle or Support Weapon, hence the bigger magazine and the bottom is a very high calibre (power) sniper rifle.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Im sorry i cant read the posts upon posts in pages 2-4 in this thread, it started getting repetitive so i stopped.

Sorry if im misinterpreting (sp?), but was that meant to be a dig at me? If so....ouch?

If you saying that i should look into other ways of finding my post counts before i made this thread, then im very tempted to bite. If thats the case, then maybe they should never have made the original post counter, that counts them all, we could all just count our posts manually? The point is, it would make it simpler, it was just a suggestion, and the idea seems pretty popular with a few members.

Creaky....ireland....hows it goin? Im back for 30minutes, i cant stay away. a week without aD killed me! And in 30 minutes i have to brace myself for another....sigh.

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Well yeah, sorta and sorry if it hurt.

Not the point at all...what I was trying to convey was that I'd put my money on there not being a change in the way that posts are counted or separated or any other changes in this area, soooo there are other ways to find out what your post counts are for the different forums. It will just take a little bit of work.

4. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

For Jorahan, Some people accused him of post padding... I feel this is impossible for the Safety Valve... But hey. Ranks don't matter as long as I get above Newbie so I can post more then 1 every three minutes. Now I have put a whole load of distance between me and that valve (so I don't get banned wholy based on what happens in the safety valve) I personnally think ranks should be abolished. I mean what are they for? Just to point out people you shouldn't argue with? Or to show which people you should ask a question to? Im really guys, I think there should only be two ranks. Staff [Inc. Mod & admin.] + Members [Everyone else]

@Ireland where can i buy that T-Shirt?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Back in the day, promotions were based on merit not post count...feelings got hurt and now we have a promotion system based solely on post count. When you saw an Addict or Senior Member you knew you were dealing with someone who was knowledgeable.

We shouldn't be arguing in the first place...a healthy debate is always encouraged though.

I agree.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I joined after the old system was in place...but i think that sounds like a much better idea...

If you allow your feelings to be "hurt" by your rank then what does that say about you as a person? But that's just my opinion, I am sure the change was for the better of the site. :)

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

nah, the auto-promote thing is what's wrecking this site, but there's nothing i can say that hasn't been said loads of times already. it categorically should be hand-picked or some other system other than being promoted automatically by amount of posts.

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It's a shame that it is too late to go back to the old system now, I suppose...

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

AD's just too big for, though it does seem i can count the number of knowledgeable people who post a lot on my fingers and toes.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Heh, Aus, you must have a lot of fingers and toes ;-)

:)

11. rav009

rav009 Active member

Agreed.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

quote Auslander
    AD's just too big for, though it does seem i can count the number of knowledgeable people who post a lot on my fingers and toes.

Auslander,start counting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

how'd you get pictures of my relatives? they never let people get piccies, as it costs their freakshows money.

14. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

That demented thumb thing is to count me, As it represents me, Abnormal and weird (+Hideous), Although can be helpful with certain things.

15. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

i have been here only a short time and i have notice the same people answering the question.

hope i can do the same in the future

i think it would be nice to see the counting posts

thanks ad

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006