1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Number 10,000

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hello fellow aDer's

This exact post is the completion of my aim, 10,000 posts on aD. lol Took me 2 years to post the 10,000 because I was off the forum there for a long long LONG time lol But now it finally has come and I'm relieved. Now I no longer have any aim that i keep telling myself to hurry up and finish :p

Anyway's it's about time is all I can say :) lol

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

Congratulations!

My first post here was a lame question that you answered quite politely and without making me feel like a boofhead. It's because of you that i'm a part of aD now. So its amazing that the majority of your 10,000 posts were just like that to people starting out and learning.

You deserve a medal! Three Cheers for Dela, HIP, HIP, Hooray!

3. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Congrats Dela, and me Signin off

L8rz

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Thnx guys, words cant express the relief :)

TRHR, ur cool man :) No boofhead for sure I can tell you that :) same with you coz :)

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Yes! Go DELA!!! Congratulations!

P.S. Any goals to reach 20,000 posts? :) Anything to make you stay longer on AfterDawn...

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

No 20 000 Dela could do in a week. YOu need to set your sites on 100 000. Now that would be a great feat.

I would be sorry to see you go Dela. This seems like a bad Cheers episode, but you always have friends here.

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

What's a Cheers episode? Never heard of it.

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oh you must be joking right toilet man. You have never heard of Cheers!
    [​IMG]

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Nice one Dela, it takes a while lol. I've been hovering at just over 7,000 for a good half year, but i dont post much now these days. Oh...Cheers is fantastic

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Dela you da man I still can't believe it.It must be like a wet dream seriously man.The point making 10,000 posts in 2 years that is crazy man.Dela glad to hear you made it man it must be a relief.Hahaha lol I have to agree with Prisoner on this one are setting a new goal man gotta keep you on the forums man.

Peace L-Burna

11. chopper

chopper Moderator Staff Member

[bold]GET A LIFE MAN[/bold]

jealous talk :)

12. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

chopper? I've never seen you before! Would just like to say "Hi"

Hi.

13. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oriphus your alive. I thought you finally got taken out in soccor match. Good to see you coming back.

Chopper, interesting image.

14. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Could I have a gun? And some beer? Actually I prefer Coconut Juice.

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, I am alive mate, been very busy this past while. Ive been dating this amazing girl for just over a month now, add working 5 days a week, spending most nights with her, watching Man United matches, going to the gym 3 times a week for 3 hours at a time, and...of course, playing soccer 4 days a week, and i am well and truely fucked for time. Oh...add into that, uni starts on the 27th again......

lol - how u keeping?

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Not too bad, Uni is year round for me. So no really start time, but taking 3 courses this year which are fairly crazy.

Speaking of crazy though, I got engaged back on Sept 1. So now planing out wedding stuff. Thats not so bad, we broke all new time record with buying a dress in one day.

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hey congrats man, thats amazing. Really pleased for you. Oh...and how the heck did u get a dress in one day lol, that must be a world record or something. When u setting the big date then? We all invited lol?

18. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Pardon my ignorance, but why is taking 3 courses a University year bad? At this Canadian HighSchool I'm taking 4 courses per "semester" =P

I know the courses must be like master degree's-boring lectures-projects till your fusking eyes pop out, but I can't imagine doing one course for a whole year. That, must be criminal in boredom. Or am I totally wrong?

19. ps2playa

ps2playa Guest

wow! i dont even have 50 yet!

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Toiletman, The courses at the PhD level get a little harder. One is really easy all I have is a Paper and Presentation. The other two are bruital. One I have weekely Presentations and have to write a 50 page paper at the end. The last has assignments, a Presentation, a Paper and a Long exam. Thats my crazy course and unfortuely is only offered every 2 years. So I need to take it with the other mess.

Oriphus, I think it is a new record. It took less than an hour. We went to a major designer clearance, and got a $3000 dress for $400. that was a good purchase. Date will be next summer, depending on church availablity. If you can afford the plane fare, you can come. But as we are both poor PhD students tring to keep it small.