1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

heres the FIRST run on my second optiarc 7200A. Not bad! Chalk up another good optiarc! Whoops, dont wanna hexx the burner, LOL. I love the sound that it makes when it checks for discs :D
    [​IMG]
    I guess this ones got the same buffer irregularity (holds 95%). Quickest burn time for 8X though :D

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

Haven't you learned, it's always something from Rosannadana!

Sorry about your drives buddy. gar

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ you might consider a 20x LG or the new AD-7220 drives from Sony/optiarc. :D We need someone to try one of the new Sony drives. :p I like the Samsungs to a point but I'd rather have a Sony/NEC, Litey, LG, or even Pioneer first. I've NOT had the best luck with Samsungs but again I've only had 3. ;)

...gm

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I thought you said that the AD-7220 was NG! Forget about Pioneer! The two I've installed for customers were Annoyingly LOUD! Vibrated like a Mother! Same goes for Philips

Russ

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, im not gonna comment on that one ;) Lets just say Philips has no place in my life! They've failed EVERYTIME! Pretty sad. Ok, I commented, LOL
    Oh... I heard that the 7220's were indeed sony/nec. Gonna have to give those a shot!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Now my Pioneers - one old one DVR-108 I think and a newer one DVR-215D are both quiet as a church mouse :)

@hobbit112
    Yummy a dog biscuit!!

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    That's what I thought they were, so I'll give one a try. 7220 or 7221?

Thanks,
    Russ

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I'd say "Woof", but that might get me in trouble! LOL!!

Happy New Year,
    Russ

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

lol - a woof here or there - what the heck :)

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

gonna order a AD-7220 in the morning hope to have it monday. if it is a rebadged litey does that mean it will scan like one?

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I have to agree with Binkie on the noise level of the Pioneer drive that I have.

Here would be my suggestions in order...

Pioneer 216D ~ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129032

NEC 7220 ~ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118023

Samsung 223F ~ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151171

...or one of the Litey iHAS models.

I haven't researched drives in a while so none of these make me salavate outside the Pioneer. I remember reading some mixed reviews on the 7220, but I'm haven't read any conclusions lately. I will say of the four drives in my tower the LiteOn is by and far the loudest, clankiest drive there...the rest (Pioneer 215D, NEC 7200 and Samsung 203B) are equally quiet.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Chalk up another AWESOME verbatim burn, from my newest 7200A. Dont get me wrong, I love TY, but what im seeing with these verbatim burns is not much less than perfection. Their name is WELL deserved. Quite possibly the lowest Pi E scan ive seen (average anyway)! And im also gonna start leaning toward verbatim, when searching for good buys between the two :D
    [​IMG]
    Nice sig LOCOENG

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, big fan of both Tool and Alex Grey.

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Man... This alex grey you speak of has some serious wicked psychedelic artwork! Gonna have to look into that some more. Sorry about off topic guys. Another scan coming up. Gonna watch a video while it burns, to see if its effected.

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well... Thats real cute!!! Go to run some tests, And the rest of my media is (*&(&^%&... Theres a common flaw on my remaining verbs! Oh well. Its my own fault I suppose. Seriously, I have a way with words. Not 2 posts ago, im raiving about verbatim... and here we have it. I really gotta shut my mouth from now on. I swear, I have a way with words. I have this uncanny way of hexxing things. Must be some kinda curse, LOL. No biggie I guess. There were only 6 left in the cake package. At .20cents a disc, im really not gonna complain(black friday special). Suppose its a reasonable scan though. I was watching a television show while it was burning. Gotta love MULTI DRIVES :D
    [​IMG]

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Omegaman
    i wouldnt worry about that one spike. take that away and you got another awsome scan. that could have been a flake on the disc or something. i wouldnt worry.

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@lastvii

Omega wasn't it just a monthe ago, you were miffed by these 95 scans??? LOL :p But now you're getting it right. 95s are awesome scans.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

im about to pull my hair out here.
    im trying to use the 7200A drive now. puta TY in and using create disc with nero to burn from the new hdd i installed, i get this error with it
    [​IMG]

and at that point my drive is dead. no power nothing. until i reboot the system it is working with my 7200S but it looks nasty. im wondering if its the ODD or that HDD haven a problem. maybe i need to reformat it. any ideas?

EDIT to add
    this is what it looks like right now with the 7200S
    [​IMG]

well i fixed the problem with the 7200A drive. bad cable. or cable connection. swapped out cables and its fine.
    but i dont know why the 7200S looks like that unless its cable is loose. i did check all those cables while i was in there. gonna give it a try again here in a min once the 7200A is done with its thing.
    i wonder if trying to burn them crappy F16's at 16x had something to do with it.???

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres what a good dis will do..lol these F16 office depot disc are given me some real fits right now. i got about 70 of them might set them out for the garbage man and see if he has a neeeeeed for them..lol

[​IMG] 18x burn.. doing the scan now

might try and overburn one of the sweet 8xTY's use imgurn and try one at 10x..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009