1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No...no flake. Thats why I say a common flaw in the rest of the discs. Gonna run some TYG02's this morning to make sure there is not some HICCUP going on at that .5gb mark. If in the future, I speak "TOO" highly of a product... BEAT ME SENSELESS!!! And remind me my BIG MOUTH is cursed. :D

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well now that i seem to have everything back to normal and running ok(minus the 2 messed up drives)
    i did this little puppy with the 7200A and imgburn tried to burn it at 10 but it wouldnt. only got up to 8x.

[​IMG]

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well... This is rather disconerting. Gonna upgrade to liggy's F/W. Suppose I should have in the first place ;) No visible defects on recording dye!
    [​IMG]

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

RedRob you know those F16's are crap. lol. NOT the worst disc out there but not the best either. You should be able to get 12x out of the TYG02 discs easy, assuming the f/w will handle it of course. Rob it sounds (looks, lol... seems) that you have some issues with connections or cables. Are you using quality cables? do you have them situated where the plug is snug and NO un-due stress is "pulling" on them? I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of the problem, just keep "pluggin" along... hehehe. :p

O-man7 you have given GARmoonY a little chuckle.. hehehe. Keep those "quality scans" coming and we'll enjoy the pretty colors.... :p You might have to burn a couple of discs with the NEW f/w to "acclimate" the drive to the media in question.

I've used CMC MAG AM3, MCC 004, MCC 003, TYG03, TYG02, and MBI in the last month or so and I'll NEVER use MBI again.. I've had some with playback issues that scanned like a champ.... 95-90 w/o serious spikes.. SO in my book they are CRAP media.. Like we haven't been warned.. at least I only had 100. HAD is the operative word.. :D

Keep 'em coming peoples. ;)

......gm

add: Did I see a little binkie7 runnin thru here?? She wasn't streaking was she?? hehehehe I know she stopped for a doggie cookie. :)

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a burn with new 1Z3 F/w. MUCH better. However I know at this point, could be coincidence. There will be no more scans til tomorrow. Reinstalling windows tomorrow :D Gotta curious video/driver issue going on. (Among other things)
    [​IMG]

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

Found this and don't know if it's true... give it a try. ;)

linky to AD-7200S

...gm

Got this too!! link to AD-7200S shopping thru GOOGLE. I clicked on all of them and with the exception of the EGG they all had them instock. Of course with an average cost of about $39 they AIN'T cheap. lol. :p

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Newegg had the AD7200 thursday morning, by afternoon They were out again! Both S and A! I went back later to double check the price and they were all gone!

Russ

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Well they're out now. :( I wouldn't mind grabbing a couple to stick on the shelf for a rainy day. :D But at this point I'm NOT paying $40 for ONLY one of them. :(

...gm

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I remember thinking at the time that $21.25 was an odd price for a drive. I just figured they got them back in stock and had a price lower than a competitor! The other one was $22.99. I don't remember which was which. I just didn't think much of it at the time like I said, and when I did think about and was going to post it and it was gone. If it was subliminal, it works! LOL!! Something like that has me checking to see if my marbles are still all there! ROFLMAO!!

Russ

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ok... I gotta post this one! This was burned on HUMP day (Wednesday) :) Via the stock firmware. Would you believe (probably) that this wont play on an xbox 360? Oh...Sorry, I didnt burn it at 4X!!! SORRY!!! Rather irritating. Brought my backup over to a friends house to kick back and watch a movie, and it stutters like crazy throughout! Started thinking that maybe the iHAP burned it, but when nero reported 7200A... I was like NO WAY. Seems to be flawless now. Whew :) Best burn from the latest 7200A 8X TYG02. Guys/Gals... if I ever consider buying a 360... Beat me senseless! From what I hear, they're good WHEN THEY WORK, otherwise a headache! One of my buddies, has had his replaced 4 TIMES!!!
    Something tells me, the 360 firmware was designed in such a way :( THANKS MICROSLOP!!!
    [​IMG]

11. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey there GM - yes that was me streaking by - I make sure I wear my clothes next time :)

Here's a bad scan - scanned it right after I finished watching it - playback great.

[​IMG]

@omegaman7
    I saw in another thread you were giving Windows 7 a shot - let me know what you think. I'd like a new laptop buy am trying to hold out if Windows 7 gets good reviews.

edit: something is up w/ photobucket - the image did not upload correctly - I'll have to try it later.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres my latest burn (First) running Windows 7. Pretty good burn, even better OS! Running into some program compatibility issues, but otherwise, VERY smooth experience. If anybody knows of a Standalone Virtual drive (excluding Daemon, Alcohol) let me know, please :) I suppose I might be installing them incorrectly. I read something about running in administrator mode, Looking into it.
    [​IMG]

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh it was fine the way it was Binkie. lol

not a bad burn at all omegaman.

here is one on the 7200A burnt at 12x on a 8x-r ty.
    oh yea this is a rerip of a copy. it was scratched up and i wanted to see if i could rerip it and burn it again...test passed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

doing the scan on my LH20A1S. one of the last things it will do.. my new drives(2 of them) should be here monday or tuesday.

EDIT:
    here is the litey scan.
    [​IMG]

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

You might go to the ELBY website and see about CloneDrive. ;) linky

....gm

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I found something called phantom cd. Works, but not NRG iso's. looking into clonedrive now. Oh... found an NRG2ISO converter. SAVED!!! Thanks man. sorry about off topic :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Been having some fun with some older drives. ;)
    burned at 8x
    MCC 003 & CMC MAG AM3 media

Scan of Disc AD-7170S burn
    [​IMG]
    Scan of same image burned with 20A1P (this drive was a 18A1P now flashed to a 20A1P)
    [​IMG]
    AD-7170S with MCC 003
    [​IMG]

...gm

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not too shabby GM ;) Heres another burn running Windows 7 :D :D
    Man, dont laugh because I didnt have the unfortunate pleasure of running vista(so dont know) but MS paint is considerably improved on windows 7!!! I like it so ha ha :)
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, forgot the jitter :(

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got a little speed burn here.18x on a 16x+r verb burnt on my 7200A and scanned with it as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yup burnt from the HDD as well.

id say if i had a litey to scan with it would look even better. well ill have one on wed. just checked track on schedule for delivery on 1-14-09
    DH-20A4P(ide)
    AD-7220S(sata)

i took out the 2 liteons i had in my tower to make room for the new drives. looking at the back of the LH-20A1S where the plastic clip was broke off. the 7 little pins there that make th connection with the sata cable. 2 were bent completely back and the others were spread apart.. as for the LH-18A1P i might have to send it out and see if it can be fixed or if i just done something wrong with the flash over.. if it was terribly wrong then there is no fixing it...lol

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres another Windows 7 Burn via iHAP422 8X :D Not too shabby for the iHAP ;) I still believe one can do better than the iHAP. But... time will tell!
    [​IMG]

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

I would straighten out the pins as best and plug the SATA cable in and check to see if it still works and if it does; without disconnecting anything I would crazy glue the plastic female back in place to the drive and glue the SATA male in place and after it dries use it. Of course you need a spare SATA cable to waste if it doesn't last. You'll still be able to change drive out by unpluging the other end to motherboard. If youz is going to toss it, toss it my way, I can make that work. Even if you can just change the connector in the drive. That 20A1S is too good to discard.