1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

man it must be slow in the burning world..lol kinda off topic,but we tend to do that here..lol
    the family and i went to the Aquarium this past weekend, we got alot of pics. once leaveing there i stopped and the wife took a couple of pic of the Great American Ball park. yes home of the greatest baseball team ever.. she took some damn good pics i think...
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/100_3832.jpg

i do have a scan running right now. my original copy of mirrors has a scratch on it, tried ripping it with all 4 drives the only one that would rip it is the 7200A. i ran it through vob blanker then dvd-rebuilder i know it didnt change anyhting but it might have fixed any damaged files.... and burnt it with the 7220S. ill have the scan shortly

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sweet pic there Rob, we don't have anything that "breathtaking" in West Texas. lol. :D

I've been doing some burning but NO scanning, I'm sick I think. lol. I'll scan a couple just for you and O-man7. :p

...gm

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a "little burn", LOL. This was burned by the LH-20A1H at 8X via imgburn of course. I can see this burner is still going strong for now :D
    [​IMG]

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

Some scans as promised... on questionable media... lol. :p

TTH02 burned with iHAS120 on a multi-burn using Nero 6.6.0.18 at 8x, TDK 003 burned with iHAS120 at 8x using IMGBURN.

TDK 003
    [​IMG]

TTH02
    [​IMG]

...gm

5. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

GM, pretty good scans for the media. Do you run "all on" with the settings utility for your 120s. You got better results all around, jitter included, with that media than I get with Verbatim 16x -R. I have tried different options with the utility, and still cannot get the results I would like. Not sure if its the disks, the drives, or the firmware. I am running 7L0F-8L06.patched-eoht8G, which as far as I can find is the latest. Any words of wisdom?

BTW: Do hope that you are not getting sick, best wishes bro :)

6. greensman

greensman Regular member

ROFL!! I had to go back and read my post to see what you were talking about. I'm NOT sick, well not physically that is. :p

I'm running the same f/w you are but I flashed it twice just for "funzies". ;) It didn't react quite the way it should have with the first flash so I did it again. ;) Does much better and I actually like the drive and have since the beginning of using it. I'll dig up some 16x DVD-R Verbies to see what I get, well for scanning at least.

Funny you ask.. only thing "checked" is smartburn... I'll mess with that too. Forgot to set it after I "re-flashed". lol. I'm so slow... :p

...gm

7. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Never thought of re-flashing, but since you had success with it, I will definitely give it a try. Forgot to mention that they don't even like my TYG02s since the latest flash, hopefully the reflash will fix it. Glad to hear that you are not getting sick, not so happy about my lack of intelligence :p

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

About to smoke out a TYG02 just for you. :D

....gm

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gman

How did you manage to roll it up in those little papers? Must be some Good $hit!lol

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  10. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

@greensman

good scans my friend your having better luck with that model
    than...I did me myself..I sent it back to newgg:(
    aight...i forgot to post a few scans with the LG burner
    I recieved last week been alittle busy...i believe there's
    something funny goe's on with this burner it seem to spike
    the orange line almost in the same spot each time on different
    burns before and the after firmware updated 1.01 to 1.02...i
    burned at 12x's and at 8x's and came out with the same results.
    I can't run a scan cause..I believe LG's don't scan..Tryed...i'll
    let the Pro Gm answer that 1...lol my thought is to return it
    and reorder another model or just try the same...sense then i moved it to antec case with the gigabyte board...I'll try some +r burns there to see how it will do...the disc's play fine no sticking or stopping what so ever...i have 30 days to send a rma to the egg..if i do send it back..i gotta flash in back..any help with the problem is appreciated...

Will

scan here
    dh20a4p scan
    before update
    [​IMG]

18a1p after firmware update
    [​IMG]

the BenQ and Sony Optiarc
    diffrent results

BenQ scan
    [​IMG]

Optiarc scan
    [​IMG]

i did'nt touch the bottom of the disc either
    maybe it's just the Liteon's Drives:(

11. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Got a scan here.

Iso burn @ 4x with Optiarc 7200S.

[​IMG]

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

@bigwilly,
    First off.. not a pro. :p lol. I'll have to say the LG's don't scan afaik.

What speed are you burning at bigwilly? And are those discs the same you've tried in all the burners? If you're getting poor burns with different media then I'd worry about the burner but if not then don't worry unless it's on all the good stuff. lol.

Speed of burn and discs burned are the questions that I have for now.

...gm

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Question!
    I found a good deal on the Lite-On DH20A4P-04. One with Ridata 100 cake box for 35.98, and one with Verbatim 100 cake box for 36.98. Are these any good? The Ridata's are for my friend Frank, as it's what he prefers, and the Verbs are for me!

Russ

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Fergie and all some posts from the iHAS120 on TYG02 media. ;)

Nero CD 8x smartburn only
    [​IMG]
    scan of disc
    [​IMG]

Nero CD 16x all on
    [​IMG]
    scan of disc
    [​IMG]

Nero CD 8x all on
    [​IMG]
    scan of disc
    [​IMG]

....gm

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

EDIT - GM, didnt YOU tell me that TYG02 media is 8X where TYG03 is 16X. If so, how is it you can burn 02 at 16X? Surely NO firmware can push it that far! If im pulling a rahstyles, Im sorry
    Heres a BIG burn! Lol, just kidding. This is a 16x attempt in the iHAP422, via my newest usb-ide converter. It would appear, that i'll be awaiting usb 3.0 anxiously! It seems that the moment ANY one of my drives tries to cross the 20,000 KB/s threshold(give or take), USB cant keep up. I had to try it. This adapter is the best ive had to date. a little bit bulky but EVERY device is recognized by windows with this baby!
    Wow! Check this out, this burners got mad skills! LOL, nah...It was still reading the blank when I clicked on it. Please note XP has shown this bug as well, this is NOT a windows 7 bug. Its a discspeed bug.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  16. greensman

greensman Regular member

LMAOPIMP!!! NO not a Rahstyleeeeee moment, just NOT completely informed. :) Yes it's supposed to be 8x media BUT with the advent of some CK f/w the drive is able to push it to the limit. Some other media will do the same thing but I don't recommend you do it that often. lol. btw MCC 003 and MCC 02RG20 will push that fast too. :) Something to think about when you're burning your good media.... the better stuff will push a lot further than the "2nd tier" most of the time.

hth...

....gm

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i just got my 20A4P for $20.99 shipped so another $17 for 100 verbs is a good deal in my eyes.

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

omegaman7,
    Back in the dark ages before 16x was around, I had an Emprex 12x burner, and the Sony/Yuden 8xs I used to buy would default to 12x! I didn't know beans about burning back 4-5 years ago, but I still have all the discs I burned back then and they all still play without issues. When Sony stopped using the Yudens, I bought every last 50 pack that my local CompUSA had in stock for a very good price. Extremely good Media!

BTW! I think you have one of the Lite-On DH20A4P drives. I posted a question about them, but no one is answering me. Are they good drives? I'm trying to get my Newegg order together so I can place my order. As it stands I plan to order two of them with a Media special. $35.98 for the drive + 100 Ridatas, or $36.98 + 100 Verbs. It sounds like a good deal, but I need to know if the drives are any good? I plan to get one of each because my friend likes the Ridadtas, and I like the Verbs, and I want two burners for my new build.

Best regards,
    Russ

EDIT:While I was writing this, Rob answered the question for me! LOL!!

Thanks anyway,
    Russ

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thanks Rob,
    I'm going to order two of them later today. My E6750 was sold yesterday, so I dragged (literally, it weighs close to 60 lbs) the Dell 420 Dual 1GHz P3 out of retirement, to use till the new AMD Kuma build is finished. LOL!!

Thanks again,
    Russ

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

isnt that the same drive you were talking about??? the -04 is retail i think got me confused now.lol

here is a scan from the DH-20A4P
    [​IMG]

i like the drive Russ. i would and do recomend it.