1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

OK guys here is as close to 100 your gonna get. don't get jealous, it is a beauty!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    looks like the AD-7220S aka lite-on something or other. likes the 16x-r verbs... look at the jitter average. 7.7 pretty nice

EDIT:
    same disc scanned on my DH-20A4P
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ok...ive been misunderstood. im not used to getting a lemon, or a half a lemon for that matter. When I say half, I mean good burner bad ripper. The scanning is merely a guidline for me. HOWS MY BURNER DOING TODAY kinda thing. Was multitasking during the burn a good idea, etc, etc. The reason im angry about the iHAP is because it did a bad rip job. Ive never had a burner that burned VERY well, while ripped just the opposite. Makes me wonder about the future of the burner. Besides, Lite-ons had a pretty rough start with me from the beginning. I will spare the iHAP for now. But the second, it produces a verbatim/TY coaster, is the day I set it free from its miserable existence, LOL. Train, hammer, car, FIST...ouch. ok... forget the fist part.
    Once again, I realize that scanning is merely a guidline. Its fun, and informative to some degree. Mainly just informative, LOL. Im sure if my LH were alive, it wouldnt consider this fun :D

3. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

not really my friend...I took her out the centurion tranfered to the antec replaced with LG now it's out again laying in my bedroom drawer waiting on the Amd Build...Thanks again for the sale can't
    remember when...I got it from you?

[​IMG]

i found a good home
    thanks greensman:)
    [​IMG]

it scans just like the Ad-7200s

Will...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

oh i don't get no good job on my 99 score???? must not be in the right clique.... ROTFLMAO!!!!!

ok maybe this will get ya'll going. did a multiple burn here with nero burning rom. 3 drives going at once all 3 Optarics... not bad burns at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Those sure were wonderful burns CincyRob. And the vote's in, the 7200 series is better than the 7220 series 2-1. 96-95.

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i agree 100% Moony. like everyone else i wish i had gotten 5 or 6 of them 7200S. but who in there right mind would have thought they would only be around for such a short amount of time.
    but in defense of the 7220S its stock FW isnt all that good but the 1.01 is getting better with useage. it is kinda rough haven 4 drives in ones tower to get one worked in good. id say about 50 burns before the drive is truely worked the newness out of it.. thats just me though.

yea if ya look at the 7200S scan that is a nice scan id take that for a everyday scan

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah...I wish I had gotten several myself. Nice burns rob. I hope the next sony/nec series is as good/better :) Ok, time for some coffee

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOL. I don't think you were misunderstood maybe just not fully understood. :p I here ya and definitely understand what you're talking about. I have a few (couple) of suspect drives my self and don't use them as I prolly should but hey, it's my ODD and my puter and I'll do with them as I please. :)

Oh btw.... Use the sledgehammer, it's mighty fun. :) OR a good pair of work boots... done that and thoroughly enjoyed the heck out of it too. ROFL. :p

Well.... need to scan some more discs and see what the GM comes up with... maybe I'll tease you saps with some 8x DVD+R TY's. :p I've got some MCC 003's too.. they ain't to dang bad... TRUE Mitsubishi Chemical Corp discs..... :D

...gm

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

New firmware site online fellas ~ http://www.firmwarehq.com/

This is all original firmware, hacked and modified firmware will still be found at the usual places. Additionally the next version of Imgburn should utilize this site when searching for firmware instead of the non-functioning rpc1 site of old.

Enjoy

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks LOCO and to those that made it possible. ;)

....gm

11. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Yes, thanks for the information Loco :)

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks indeed! THANKS LOCOENG! I can see ive got plenty of reading material tonight, LOL
    EDIT - I see they're behind on the iHAP422 F/W though. Ive got VL14. 13 was a joke. Though I think that I had a corrupt F/W out of the factory! :( Ehhh... the drives a joke! I hope other people are fairing better with it than I have!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Thanks Loco for the new firmware page.

Well Rob, I just installed an LG DVD burner and to my slight dismay it won't run the infamous Nero quality scan, (slight sobbing and Boo-Hooing) but hey I can live with it, quiet burning,plays on everything and does lightscribe. Free shipping from the egg as well. Even plays on the Sony player, what a concept.

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Got a few here. ;)

MCC 004
    imgburn 8x
    Pretty simple really.... 3 different files burned with IMGBURN at 8x. The AD-7200S still has top notch. :p
    iHAS120
    [​IMG]
    AD-7200S
    [​IMG]
    iHAS120
    [​IMG]

....gm

15. greensman

greensman Regular member

used Nero just for giggles. ;) Small file I know... but it was quicker than a full size. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....gm

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Good info LOCO-I always wondered what happened to rpc1?

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

rpc1 is still there, but it's setup as a forum only without a search-able database.

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Do you have any idea how sick of usb conversion I am! This stuff is gonna make me nuts. You better give me something good this year uncle sam, LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Plays very well, actually. I think I may berate this burner a little too much. Time will tell :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well, despite the typical erratic optiarc buffer, its more solid than the previous iHAP. Though higher failure rate. I doubt that there is anything wrong with the disc though :D I think I may replug the LG burner in and test er out some more :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Uncertain as to why it didnt post the date on the disc. Unusual.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres an LG-GH22NP20 burned at 12X via imgburn OF COURSE! I think I underestimated the LG's abilities. We'll see. Its hooked up via one of my ide to usb converters. I know I know, Sucks to be me!
    [​IMG]
    Shot too nabby, LOL :)

EDIT - too bad. theres a flaw toward the outer area of the disc. Could've been a little better. NOT knocking the scan. It is quite good indeed!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009