1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Other people have stated it. This poor burner needs a better firmware :( If it werent for the spikes of 6, I would have been content! Something tells me it'll play ok though. Ive also heard that the poor burner doesnt burn -R's very well. I would think a F/W would/could correct it. Im pretty sure I have the latest though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 you might give this drive a look. I've been tempted to purchase 1 or 3 in the past but I've been spending money in other places. lol. They have the Renesas chipset and I think the most recent f/w has them burning and ripping (?) nicely. You need to do some more research but at $20.99 delivered it's hard NOT to buy. :p

linky to LG GH20NS15

...gm

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I appreciate your pointing out the better LG drive :D But, that just made me jealous. Its SATA! I only have 2 sata ports. SUCKS TO BE ME! :( Not in a couple weeks though :) Buying the gigabyte 790gx board. :D

4. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

another sweet burn with the dh20a4p and a scan today:)
    with classic 1975 karate flix
    [​IMG]
    I like the spread of the Pif's wish they
    all could be like that:)

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I can see my lawn is coming back. Even a little daisy popping up! Sigh...I suppose it aint bad for the media, as well as the burner having gone through hell and back, TWICE!! LOL
    I'll post some 16X Verbatim +Rs in a little while. ROB! Where are you buddy?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jitters a little higher than im used to. No biggie, But I have seen MUCH worse that was playable. LOL, I'll try and burn some with that paticular burner today. (DRU820)

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres some Verb +R's @16X. Well...this is my reader. I think she may just be done putting out Excellent burns. She's an EXCELLENT reader!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Boy, that blocks got me a bit nervous. I have seen ALOT worse though. My DRU820 put out a FREAK nasty burn a while back that was PERFECTLY playable. No visible flaws or spots on shield. I can however see the apparent BLOCK failure.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

nice scan there bigwilly. If it was over 4400MB you could post that baby in the HOF thread at CDF. :) Good scan anyway.. bet O-man7 is a bit jealous. lol. :p

....gm

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hey hey hey, come on now. LOL, yah... atleast a little anyway. Gotta love those MCC 004's. Doesnt take much of a burner to do well with those. STILL a good scan though bigwill!!!
    Ah...I was unaware of the 4400 limitation. I suppose they would have a limitation though :)

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here's a scan done on Oxi on the other BenQ I flashed to a Lite-On, just for the fun of it. Burned on the same drive (it only has one) at 16x. Very rare that I get below a 95 with either drive no matter what speed I burn it!

[​IMG]

Very consistent burns with these two converted drives! Terrific Jitter too! Thank you, GM!

Best Regards,
    Russ

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Russ,
    NP buddy... glad I could help. :)

@O-man7... Yep... they have a limit (minimum really) as to what you can post as a HOF scan... I'd have quite a few if they would lower that limit.... hehehe. :p

....gm

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah... that doesnt surprise me. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Well, this surprised the heck out of me. This is a DRU820 (Via USB) 8X burn, on a wonderful Verbie :D Such a shame, it was shaping up to be a HOF for a time. What is most surprising is, its seen more discs than possibly ANY of my current burners may EVER see. Thats no joke! I swear this burner is from another dimension or something, LOL. It makes a curious clicking sound when spinning up. Almost like the disc is slipping on the motor. But who knows. If I had to guess at how many discs its seen...probably between 6 - 800. 80% of its burning life was devoted to 4X. Infact for years thats all ive ever done. Its only recently (within the last yr) ive embraced 8X. And im about to embrace 12X.
    [​IMG]

Well, I guess I can never say, I havnt owned a BenQ. Apparently the DRU-820 is ACTUALLY a BenQ with a panasonic Chipset. I dont care what it is. This burner will have a proper burial, LOL. Now the iHAP...heh heh heh. You dont wanna know! Nah... I wouldnt mind taking a peak under the hood. Perhaps I'll even start a new forum regarding the internals. We'll see.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a nice little burn. Burned on the fly with imgburn, OF COURSE!
    It took 2min longer than normal due possibly to buffer underrun. Had to run to town, so uncertain. Thats why I scanned it. SILVER printable TYG02. These discs have been AWESOME throughout!!!
    [​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Working on my Signature update, for new MOBO! This is a burn via new MOBO, new ide cable. The ide cable looked a little more crimped than one would like! Quality reminds me somewhat of the DRU820's when it began failing! The staircase toward the end. Hmmmfff. Looks like a possibly tired burner. These discs dont burn this lousy. Yes, its probably playable, but I will NOT settle for this burn quality. The reason I used new cable was because of the ATX form factor and IDE header location. Round cable was too crowded. I think you understand ;)
    [​IMG]

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

got this one here the other day. been busy with work. havent been around much

[​IMG]

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Your slacking Rob! LOL, totally joking... OF COURSE :) Rather unusual seeing HIGH PI e while LOW LOW PI f, huh? My neeses are enjoying madagascar the second. I dont dare let them play the original. Kids'l screw up a dvd in nothing flat!!! ;)

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

NO you're right O-man7.. ROFL. Wait a minute... that might be me too. :p I'll post something tonight even if it's food. :p Oh.... already did that. :)

....gm

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea it is odd to see that high amount of PIE's with the next to no PIF's.
    i got a couple im gonna post later once donw burning then ill be gone again for a few day... gotta love this work stuff...gotta love not worring about looking over your shoulder seeing whos stabbing you in the back..lmao

bbltr with some scans

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@O7

Do you have anydvd active when drive clicks? Some of the new encryptions cause the ODD to do different things when anydvd is scanning. Or does it do it all the time on all discs? Just curious,

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Clicks??? If your refering to the DRU820, its done that for most of its useful life. I dont employ it anymore. Every once in a while though, It'll rise from the ashes and produce yet another superior burn, LOL. Only 2 of my drives click. The 820 and the LG. Though from what ive heard, this paticular LG model is far from their Flag drive!

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a burn from my 2nd DRU830. Its ripped ALOT of discs. I lost count!!! Probably upwards of 300 rips+, and atleast 100 burns. This is one of my more trusted rippers. I may not be trusting the 840, or the iHAP anymore. Both have produced pixelation into video stream. What I mean is, it seems to ignore read errors. Not a bad burn considering. Though the jitter is higher than im used to...
    [​IMG]
    LOL, this one made a VERY curious grinding sound at spin up of the blank. It has been sitting a little while, I guess

PLAYS PERFECTLY BY THE WAY :D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009