1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well, it would appear that videohelp is wrong on that one then. I think ive known though, since ive seen you scan with it. Looked too much like a liteon scan to dismiss it! Call me crazy...

Sorry to hear your burners toast buddy :( So is CDF the only site we can trust with that kind of info.

If somebody could please give me their 2cents on what a good RIPPER is? What I mean is, a burner/ripper/reader that can read VERY well!
    I dont want it to be picky, should it see minor scuffs, scratches, etc. WHATS THE BEST RIPPER YOUVE EVER HAD???

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Got my new Pioneer drives this morning and installed them. They are so much quieter. About the same amount of noise as my Optiarc AD-7190! Only bad thing is you can't scan for disk quality with them! That's all right as I really don't care unless I was getting a bunch of Coasters! LOL!! Both burn just fine! I'll test them later in Oxi!

Russ

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

OXI??? I havnt had alot of luck with pioneer devices(much like you with sony). However, I do acknowledge there business standing point. SHOULD BE reliable! I will give them another shot one day. Ive heard of a few good models.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I think I'll stick with my 7200S and 20A1S internals and my old trusty read a pizza LG 2166! And only look for a new one when and if I need one. Sorry Rob.

edit:spelling

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I gather by pizza, you mean it'll read anything. Excellent!

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

you are correct your munificence! things that my old benq 1650s couldn't.

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Oxi! LOL!! That's OxiMoron, which is the name of the 4800+ AMD. It used to be a 3800+ Sempron eMachine before I replaced all the junk with Quality components. Replaced the CPU with a 4800+ Dual-core, the crappy PSU with a Thermaltake TR-2 500w. the 256 PC24200 lame memory with 2GB of G.Skill PC26400 and the crap CPU cooler for a Freezer 64! The MB was a decent foxconn, but no overclocking! It runs very well! It ain't Your Fathers eMachine, so we call it OxiMoron since you usually don't mention eMachine and Quality in the same breath! A real contradiction in terms! ROFLMAO!!

On the Pioneers, you can't do a Quality scan with them! It just pops up a window that say's, "Not Supported"! I don't really care as I can scan them on Oxi!

Russ

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ you might try using an older version of Nero disc speed and see what happens. ;) Maybe 4.7.5.0 will work. ;) PM if you need the file. I'm sure a google search will find what you need. :)

...gm

9. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I tried all the way back to 1.06 and it either gives the same message or some other error. That's all right, I don't make a career out of scanning DVDs! LOL!! I'll check them for a while with Oxi, and then just random checks after that! The Pioneers are light years quieter than the Lite-Ons I sent back, and they Rip good too! I can run the surface scan though and they were all perfect!

Best Regards,
    Russ

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, I dont make a career out of scanning either. More than anything, its just to see how the burner/media is doing. I dont care what anyone says, the software tells a person SOMETHING! Its not good for nothing! And it would be cool to find a close to perfect scan if not perfect, for bragging rights. Although I imagine, if it were to happen, people would be skeptical, due to easy corrections in art programs. I would never do that myself but...I imagine its only a matter of time before somebody else does! Probably already happened.

There is something you can do to the registry to allow scanning in burners that DONT SUPPORT IT ;)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...im pretty sick of USB burning!!! The spike that you see here, is right where the buffer has trouble staying full. Something tells me it has something to do with the usb controller chip(CONVERTER). Im sure the header is fine, being a new board and all!!! LOL, hope I didnt just hexx it. 12X burn optiarc 7200a 1Z3 FW. One controller will do 14-16X where another will only do 10.5X(This one)!!! Im done with IDE ladies and gentleman. Halleluyah!!! :D I will continue to employ my WD AAKB drive for a time longer, but ultimately, I probably wont buy another ide connected device. Its time to move on.
    [​IMG]
    Well...Dejavu!!! LOL. This is my FIRST optiarc still running 1Z2 F/W. Im really wondering about the 1Z3 F/W! My First opti tends to average lower PI f(1Z2 F/W)! I dont know, please dont quote me. Simply an observation! Could be simply hardware. And it would appear that both of these converters are not into burning beyond 10.5X!!! Im gonna try another converter here in a minute. MY NEWEST
    [​IMG]
    Ok...here is another via 2nd optiarc 7200A (1Z3 F/W). As you can see, it likes its new connection. It hit 12.5X with minimal buffer issues. and I believe its hit 15.5X in the past(20,000Kb/s) Had I burned it at 8X, it might have been HOF! Buffer was VERY stable til roughly 11-12X. Im just happy to have determined a bad or questionable cable. For those curious, I will place them at the bottom of the post. The one on the furthest left, I would recommend to anyone! Ive not had one problem with it. And it hits the best speeds. A little bulky, and you'll need an extension! The others work well for transfers and 8X burns. However, it would appear, they may not be intended for LONG TERM use!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

What! did I scare everyone off again, LOL? I STG I am done trying to figure out these friggin TYG03 watershields! Im gonna buy through SMS next time, scan a couple of those, and if there is no change, im gonna be rather angry! I thought TY stood by their quality control??? Im seeing 1/5 (ATLEAST) with multiple types of imperfections!!! Ive NEVER had this kinda problem with verbatim. I hope your reading this TY! Something definetely smells sour here. The regular printable 03's burn MUCH better than these. Whether its a chemical coming into contact with the dye or shield, or simply the new supposedly hardcoat, they need to work on perfecting them. I wonder if lesser burners are having troubles with these discs? One things for certain. They're not worth TWICE the price of the regulars!!!

By the way, I realize this is nothing to stick my nose up at. Im refering mainly to other types of quality issues, AMONG the LESS than typical burn quality!
    [​IMG]

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Not that you don't know this O-man7.. that scan isn't that bad.. good Jitter and consistant PIE's. ;) I also want to add that it's been mentioned before (by docTY) that DVD-R discs normally "score" a little lower in the scan test. NOT always true but given apples and apples with everything but the media I've seen the difference even tho it was quite slight. ;) Of course I'm talking about Verbies and TY's only here. You just can't compare CMC MAG AM3's to MCC 004's. :p

....gm

add: for clarification... ROFL.. by LOWER I mean the DVD-R normally won't yield as many HIGH scores as the DVD+R will. :) hth....

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah... ive noticed that -Rs typically are not quite as good as +Rs when it comes to burn quality. Probably why they charge a little more too, ehh. But, the TYG03 regular printables worked SOOO much better than these watershields. I hope they're aware of this issue! Its a shame Verbatim doesnt produce a watershield media. LOL, they're probably trying to find a way to do it cheaper than TY! TY is VERY expensive!!! And with the imperfections im seeing, I may not buy them anymore. VERY dissapointed!

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@omegaman7

Nah, we just have food to eat, liquor to drink, movies to watch and places to go. In otherwords, we all have a life! :p J/K

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I guess I forgot that not every post will be replied to. My life CURRENTLY consists of computers :D Computers are the way of the future. I wanna be a part of that. I dont know about owning a repair shop yet, but i'll certainly be the goto guy...oh...I guess I already am, LOL :)

I guess im simply hoping somebody will find this thread, and blow my mind with a HOF TYG03 (watershield) scan!!! Because I have yet to see a TYG03 watershield with less than 400 PI f!!! Im not even sure ive seen THAT good!

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

you know too much of a good thing, sometimes dulls the mind.

Edit: and if you are the "go to guy" already, I surely hope you are being PAID.

edit:spelling

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Depends. My second build for my neighbor, I did for free! I enjoyed every second of it! I treated it more like a learning experience. Oddly, I charged my brother (third build) for his build. His required a little more thought, LOL. Yes, my tasks are paid for now :D Somewhat of a legend in my town :D <---VERY big smile! Kinda scares me though, LOL. Everybody wants to talk to me!
    I STG, being smart just sucks sometimes. Im busier than I'd like to be! Ive come to the conclusion, that its not my computer! Its everyone elses work horse LOL

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

as promised from the TY thread. this is a CMC MAG M01 disc(16x+r) burnt on the 7200A not to bad for the media...sorry creaky i know you like these, just not my top pick of media. in its defense this disc does play great in all of my dvdplayers.

[​IMG]

very stable disc. look at that jitter under 8 for a average

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not too bad there rob :) Looks like what I average for the TYG03's. Just bought a 100 more watershields through SMS. I swear, I was getting worse discs through Meritline!!! They even sent me a damaged cake package!!! There was nothing wrong with the Box itself. They packaged it that way!!! After posting in the TY thread last night, the first watershield I grabbed was damaged!!! Talk about Irony huh :( By the way, the damaged disc came from a Better cake package. Im done with the damaged package.