1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Never scanned with the opti before. So I thought I'd run a little comparison. NOT too bad. The final 1gb on the disc has me rather baffled. No matter what I do, the final gigabyte on the discs(leadout), seems to get the majority of the failures. Not knocking the discs, just acknowledging/noticing a slite flaw. Yes, im critical LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

That Opti scan means nothing to me but the Litey scan looks good. :D Nothing to sneeze at my friend. :p

...gm

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

speaking of litey scans,look what i stumbled across...lol
    [​IMG]

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Wow rob, Thats not very good! LOL. Totally funnin with ya. Of course its awesome! :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It's another one of them damn 95s! :p LOL

Edit:

gMan please check this thread out and recommend a decent available ODD for this guy. He bought an HP ODD from BB abd I told him to return it and get something from newegg. But I know this good drives I have are not available anymore easily. OMan7 or Rob chime right in for help this guy needs. He's determined he needs a new drive cause the HP fixed his problem but he can do better and cheaper. Thanks guys.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/749210

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

mad a post over there Garmoon. left some good advise/links.
    i just bought a 100ct spool of 16x+r verbs. mit's but the new style. ive burnt 3 so far. they look nasty... it might be all these TY's ive ran through my drives. they might not like the verbs anymore...lol will have some scans shortly

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

thanks guys for giving him some suggestions. I just hope he takes our advice and takes the hp back and saves some money.

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

HE sound like he wants the best for his money so he will take it back i think.

here is a scan of the new style verbs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this one on the 7200S.
    [​IMG]

back to my disabled 7220S. i got it back out today put it back in m tower, it now powers up and is seen in windows but it wont burn anything?? cd/dvd nothing.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@rob

those are some thoroughly ugly scans! Where did those verbs come from, MIcode? Please say India.

And where did you get that Quarantine file back in Jan? LOL It comes out tomorrow! Is the movie any good???

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah... those are looking a bit rough. Im experiencing similar results. For a time, I was getting EXTREMELY low PI e. Now both Failures and PI e are up, on my MCC 004's. I think, that my burners have adapted(or tried) to the watershield TYG03's. Do most burners adapt to what they're burning consistantly??? Cause if thats the case. Im only gonna allow one of my burners maybe two to burn the verbs, while the others can burn the TYG03's.

On another note, feeling pretty happy :D I went to officemax and picked up some more +R verbs for 14.99(100PK). They're retail at 59.99 there!!! Isnt that ridiculous! I walked up to the counter and asked when they would start charging a reasonable price, LOL! They looked in a magazine behind the counter and said a near by store was selling them at 24.99 so they would match it. I presented my 10$ off coupon, and got it for even less. YAH buddy!!! cant beat 15cents a Verbie!!! I love these discs!

Heres a little burn, with the LG GH22NP20. Not bad, considering what ive been seeing lately. And I dont expect too much from this burner anyway. But then, I havnt given this burner much of a chance. I think i'll burn several here in the morning, and see what I come up with. As you can see, Even this burner has the lead out issue I spoke of. Hardly worth mentioning but...its there and in my face, LOL. ALL my media and burners are producing a blocky looking leadout in the 3.5-4.5 area.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

garmoon
    nope they are MIT's thats whats buggin me. but they are the new style MIT's i havent had any kinda luck with the new style. i should have stuck with the -r's as for quarantine i got it lastnight. for some reason everything i am burning has a Jan date???? i havent watched it yet. my son has and he liked it. gonna burn a few more of these verbs and see if they get any better.

OM7
    i dont know if the optarics or LG's have the tecno to remember the recent media it burnt but i know liteons do,have the learning curve. and in smartburn you can clear it and start over. OPC history. i know all drives have this but the liteons allows you to clear it.

time to try a burn or two
    well here is the first one. getting lower PIE's. had 1 spike to 3. overall not bad. once again the learning curve .... if thats what it is..lol
    [​IMG]

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Cincyrob

Just finished watching "Quarantine." Recode took a little time to open the files after anyDVD did it's magic. Then had no trouble; recode doing the work. Just watched the movie. Give it a 6.5. Ending was terrible. Could have been better ended and the score would have been higher. Am scanning it now. Can't believe I wasted a perfectly precious TY T02 for somethong I'll never watch again. Oh well. I guess I'll have to pull out a couple of my new Verb +Rs new packaging MIT. I hope the 7200S will do a better job of the scans you posted of the new brand.I'll keep my fingers crossed and you posted.

Edit: Here's the scan with the 20A1S-actually one of the better PI failure rates I've ever had. Jitter could be better, but you get what you pay for with a Sony +R TY T02. It works better if you actually upload the image-senior moment CRS! LMA

[​IMG]

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Rob here is a scan of a new MIT verb X16 +R I just did after the above TY burn on same 7200S. Not as bad as the one you posted but not nearly as good as the TY.

[​IMG]

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not too shabby there garmoon. What...no 98's LOL. Totally funnin with ya! :)

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Been doing some reading, as well as recalled hearing about a little lite-on capability called Online Hyper Tuning! This Verb was burned via O.H.T. Hmmmfff! I read on Cdfreaks, that verbs and typical TY's can be worse burning with this enabled. It would appear that way. However, I also read that TYG03's burn better with it on. Im attempting that now. Will post soon! :)
    [​IMG]

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah O7 I rarely ever get a 98. That's only possible if there are no PI failures over 1 with the 20A1S ODD scanning.

My average is 95. that's why I kid you about bemoaning 95s.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, Im aware of that. Simply having some fun myself :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not a bad burn for the iHAP!!! This was with no Extra settings! Im gonna try an O.H.T. test next. Stay tuned! LOL
    [​IMG]

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

heres the O.H.T. burn. Rather dissapointed. But...perhaps the OHT is simply for media that requires it! E.g. CMC MAG AE1. Dont know, never tried it. But I wont be running it on Verbs, or ty's again!
    No visible imperfections! I just got my new batch of SMS TY watershields :D Im gonna test those now too.
    [​IMG]

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I forgot the OHT was turned on, LOL. Probably a good thing. This burn is a bit better than the last. Guess one example is never good. I guess I knew that :) The high failures were simply in my face! I always burn at 8X unless stated otherwise. I really should be burning at 12X though. Ive noticed this media burns better on average, at quicker than 8X speeds.
    [​IMG]

EDIT - whoops!!! wrong image LOL

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009