1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

:)

One question Russ, did you have a disc in the drive for both of those screenshots? As long as nero sees your drive and recognized your firmware, when you have a disc inserted in the tray you should have the full range of speeds at your disposal.

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

What he said. lol. I just got around to responding to his message and the great LOCO had already been there. :p Russ as he indicated Nero will "display" your available speeds but it has to have the disc in there first. As you know speed is independent of media and therefor the "burner" needs to know what you plan on burning. ;)

....gm

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well after a weeks worth of talking with Joey the rep at newegg. they are going to replace my AD-7220S. the only thing is i have to pay the shipping to send the old one back, about 7 bucks.he also has been telling me that the 7220 series has had some problems with its older models (before 2009) with the loss of power and such. and he is going to do what he can to make sure that i get one made in 2009...TBH i know he has no control over that.he is in california and it is comeing from new jersey..lol no biggy. will be nice to have 4 working drives in the BRM again..

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Loco,
    Yes I did, but it was a disk that had been burned recently and failed. For some strange reason it's read as an empty disk by windows! I didn't discover this until a few days later when I tried to write to this particular DVD disk. I'll still continue to use Nero Burning Rom directly for DVD Burns, as it takes less steps than Nero Start Smart!

Thank you for the link for the Pioneer drives. I'll give that a whirl when my mind is functioning a little better than it is right now! LOL!!

Russ

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You should try Imgburn if you are looking for easy....just drag and drop, click burn, wait, watch.

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I'm not to be trusted with drag and drop! LOL!! The old brain doesn't work quite as good as it used to! ROFL!! Besides, I'm a creature of habit! ROFLMSOAO!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ you sell yourself short for having a substandard "memory". ;) If you open a window for your ISO then open the IMGBURN window you really can't mess up that bad can you??? lol. ;P I bet 10 to 1 you can do it. :p

...gm

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Not really, but I like the results I'm getting now, the way I do it! I've gotten 12 straight 95% results scanning the repaired Pioneer's burns at 16x, 4x and 12x, with the Lite-On in Oxi. I use RipIt4Me, because it almost always works. In the time since RipIt4Me first came out, I've only had 4 DVDs that wouldn't work with it! I have no interest in DL or BluRay, so that's not a consideration. I get outstanding results with DVDRB/CCE doing it the way I do it, and I never had any problems burning with Nero. At this point in my life I don't need to make changes in the way I do things, and the results I get speak for themselves in their consistency and quality, so why change?

Right now my short-term memory is terrible. That's why I'm not about to tackle flashing the Pioneer drive, because I just can't follow it, and I'm afraid of making a fatal mistake! I can remember everything that ever happened to me before my first Heart Attack, but I can't tell you what I had for Lunch, or if I even had Lunch today! ROFLMSOAO!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a couple of 12X burns via LH-20A1H and Optiarc 7200A. Both looking pretty good compared to average!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

and the average would be 95! ;)

11. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Both those pics where NeroExpress... not Rom.

Here's Rom:

[​IMG]

You don't need Start Smart, Simply create a shortcut to NeroExpress.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

When I said average, I meant the PIF's exceeding 800-1,000. ;)

I must admit, the LH-20A1H surprised me. With all the talk/boast of the optiarc. The LH holds the record for lowest PIF's in MY hall of fame, LOL :D Though I think the iHAP holds the lowest PIF on the TYG03's. Ive currently got the LH learning them the right way. They're the only discs that its seeing. The scores have been getting better with every burn! I think I have a winner burner, LOL. Wish I could find another one of em!!!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Since I rarely burn with my 20A1S, I don't know how good it's scores would be. But the 7200S Opti-NEC put out a fine burn posted above some where with only 72PIFs, if I remember correctly. And its score was still a 95. I looked back here it is.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/540688/4543854

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

GARmoonY you know that the score is directly related to the PIF spikes in Nero Discspeed. :p I've seen "better" burns than that hag you posted with "worse" scores. lol. :)

I've got some scans to post. NOT that great but the media isn't one of my favorite either. Some "cheap" stuff I ordered from the EGG for the kiddies discs.... They ain't so good on discs like mommy and me. lol. :p

....gm

add:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are typical scans that I'm getting with this media. NOT bad but not impressive either. I just DON'T have good luck with Ritek media and this stuff is proving it once again. lol. I've had a few with marks or imperfections and they have caused some "failed" burns with Nero. I went thru the 50-60 that I have here at the house and there were 5-6 that were NOT usable or that I'd be willing to use. That's a 10% failure rate people... NOT good in the GM's book. lol.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well then, I'll post the first March scan! LOL. Not quite the quality I was hoping for, OBVIOUSLY! I suppose its not that bad though. The burner has seen more than most of the others. 12X LH-20A1H TYG03 Watershield. Besides, if the industries burns are as bad as nero discspeed reports, then these are like GOLD, LOL
    [​IMG]

This lawn just keeps comin back ehhh GM, LOL

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Just bought some more TYG03 watershields (300). Its my hopes that I can help drive the cost down while getting mine at the best price possible! They really do need to come down. Yes they're awesome looking discs. But 60-80cents a disc? Thats ridiculous for a single layer disc! Although there are worse. The verbatim gold for instance.

I also bought for the first time, TY Dvd +R's. YUDEN000 T02 if im not mistaken. I'll receive them thursday, then i'll post some scans. Dont see many if any of those on here. Though I think garmoon mentioned having some. I think he's holding out on us! LOL :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Unfortunately up at this bloody hour and down to my last 150 +R TY T02s you will love them. Best media ever made. Haven't had a burner that didn't like them.

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I dont doubt that. Ever since I was introduced to TY, ive been impressed. Especially when I got the HOF scan on a -R!!! I Just wish they'd release a +R watershield. I bet they Know something we dont, and thats why they haven't. Or they would just simply be too expensive at this point. Probably both. I really believe something is up with the -R TYG03's. The burn quality is substantially less than TYG02. Its in my face! I guess time/burners/firmware will tell, Sighh. :)

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I have burned less than 100 -R discs-any brand- out of thousands so far. Now back to bed . LOL

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah...honestly I would prefer go +R chiefly. But on average they're substantially more expensive. Not always good either LOL. I should have looked closer at this disc before I burned it. I inspect ALL discs after burn, whether I scan it or not. Because often, I can see if there is something bad enough to warrant tossing it in the garbage. THIS is one of those. It looks like some strange kinda splatter! But its not on the shield. Its on the actual dye! Mass production! GOTTA LOVE IT!!!
    Im gonna watch it this weekend to see out of curiosity if it plays. Being a verbatim, it wont surprise me if it plays, but one slight scratch in that area, and its done! So regardless ITS DONE(garbage)!
    [​IMG]