1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Once again, I spaced the jitter :) But as you'll notice, I dont believe it would have assisted in what the HECK, is going on!!! I tried a little breaking the drive in LOL. This drive installed XP, printer software, couple others, and a couple rips. As you can see, the problem is consistent. As you can see, the buffer is about as erratic as the optiarc!
    A Mod on Cdfreaks suggested it is due to OPC! (Optimized Power Control or Optimum Power Calibration. )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here is a 16X burn, scanned by both iHAP and LH. The iHAP has proven itself a lousy reader/ripper so im not sure how to interpret this!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

did a litte multiple burn. 2 burns at once different movies 1 on the 20A4P 1 on the 7220S pulled from different hdd.

both are scanned on the 20A4P

this is the 7220S
    [​IMG]

this is the 20A4P
    [​IMG]

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

2 more duel burns with nero burning rom.
    with the 7200A and 7200S
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

not to bad a burn here.total time to finish both being burnt at 8x was 8:11

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Some healthy looking burns there rob ;) Might have to try some Burning rom burns. My new sammy's have me a little concerned though:(

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres another SH-S223Q (Samsung) burn. Scanned by both LH-20A1H, and iHAP422. The iHAP didnt wanna run the jitter, and I find it most curious that the LH-20A1H will notice spikes where the iHAP does not. Multiple opinions are better than none. HELP ME! LOL :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well now. Isnt this interesting! The Sammy likes TYG03 Watershields! This is the best scan ive seen to date! 12x burn via imgburn, scanned by both iHAP and LH-20A1H. I suppose it isnt the first time, a burner has preferred one media to another. E.G. -R to +R. However, usually most burners like +R's! Atleast ive noticed. Perhaps they were concentrating on cheaper media with this burner/Firmware. LOL, not that watershields are cheap by ANY means!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  7. greensman

greensman Regular member

maybe this linky will help. ;)

....gm

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Thanks Gm :D I'll run a few more -R +R tests to be sure, but looks like it currently likes the -R's!

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres another TYG03 burn via my other Sammy :) This Sammy hasn't been broken in nearly as much as the other. And as you can see, it also likes the -R's. Or at least the TYG03's (watershields). 12X burn by the way. As you can see, the iHAP has proven its not nearly the scanner that the LH is. It may not be scanning anymore. I may have to pick up a DH-20A4P(when this one fails), I believe it is the successor to the LH!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here's a scan of an on-the-fly burn of a copy @16X on Office Depot +R media. Not too shabby.

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not too bad at all there Garmoon :D Heres a 12X burn on A YUDEN T02 iHAP422. Not bad! It even gives the option for 16X on the iHAP! But I dont trust the...iHAP! Heh heh, almost called it a fowl name :D Back to the drawing board lite-on!!! LOL

Perhaps I shouldnt be sooo harsh! My BD-Rom will be lite-on! Im simply Extremely unimpressed with the iHAP! Other than some of its burn qualities, its been a pretty big disappointment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Im not sure if I posted an optiarc 7200A T02 Yuden burn. This one was real close to a record (for me that is). If not for the Block in the 3GB area, it would have. No visible defects! 8X by the way :)
    [​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ho ho ho!!! Here is the new HOF! Atleast for my Hall of fame! This is the best scan ive had to date! The LH-20A1H has been beaten! Previous record 60PIF(on a TYG02 however). Feast your eyes on the new record! Ok Ok. A little overly excited. I'll calm down now LOL. 8X Optiarc 7200A 1Z3 F/W
    [​IMG]

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the new 7220S seems to be top notch it has yet to have a bad scan,(knocking on wood now)

[​IMG]

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

It's a wonder what great media and a top notch burner can create!!!LOL

BUT still a 95.

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I thought you'd like that! LOL :D

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well, I hate to compliment this media too much, but its not the medias fault for this quality. For whatever reason, imgburn reported, "Not enough Resources to complete task" MORE OR LESS! However, I guess it tried anyway. I left the room and came back to the little error window, and the burner still burning away. I think I should have just let it finish. But I didnt. I tried canceling the burn. It hung! I tried emergency eject! No go(Didn't push very hard)! I shut it off! After restart, I realized that it had indeed finished burning. But what the scan tells me is, the quality went south EXACTLY at the time I tried canceling. The drive in question is ran via USB. It was a 12X attempt! Usually I'm able to do that. But for the last couple weeks, 8X seems to be all I can get away with! I guess the drive is not really fragmented, but it does have a considerable amount of data on it. I'll try to find the LOG, to see if it contains some relevant material.
    [​IMG]

I cant believe it made it as far as it did!!! It began having trouble reading around the 4200MB area. Then slowed to .20x!!! Then I canceled the scan when it hung. That would suggest, that both my lite-on and the media are ok with HIGH PIF!!!!!!! It must have been reading within the 100 PIF area!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well did a little one for the little lady of the house. went a got this here scan.
    [​IMG]

disc 2 disc/on the fly. clonedvd2/anydvd combo.

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

@Cincyrob, not a bad scan there buddy :)

Wish I could say the same LOL. Well, i'll give it some credit. This was a 16X burn via iHAP422. I dont usually do that, but I had a scan itch to scratch, and I wanted to make it special :) Being its a verb, and not TOO high, i'll trust it. Most importantly, I baby my discs. Trust me when I say, "its storage medium is top notch"(as it should be). The disc is in no danger of becoming scratched! And given my last scan being almost completely readable at several times higher PIF, im gonna trust this! I have seen worse that was readable!
    [​IMG]

Here is an LH-20A1H burn at 16X! MUCH better! This burner continues to amaze me! Gonna have to pick up a DH-20A4P(or sata equivalent) to replace the iHAP! The iHAP's been nothing but a sore thumb! Im sure some people have had some luck with it though. That sure seems to be the case most of the time.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106226R

$17 for that drive is awsome. i paid $21 for mine.. think i might hit the buy button on this again.. yes its open box, meaning its the same as oem no biggy...yup i just talked myself into it..lol

i have yet to see this drive in a sata version.. there is a lightscribe version for $25
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106229

all the people that say this drive is loud must be useing it as a external drive. or have a cheap open case. i cant hear mine at all.

out of my 4 drives in my tower now.
    AD-7200A
    AD-7200S
    AD7220S
    DH-20A4P

the 7200A is the loudest.