1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...as you can see, +R's are also effected by whatever bug is occuring! And its not just one burner. So far, its effected ALL the burners in the tower. So, it boils down to as usual, too many variables to consider. But I suppose the top ones being, drivers, windows settings, Overclock, South bridge, etc. sigh... wonder whats causing it. What ever the bug, the burn process seems to destroy the MID, and sometimes date!

So, russ...is it possible the south bridge needs a Volt bump? Because I just noticed that my last good scan was on the EXACT day I overclocked! Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!! LOL!

[​IMG]

2. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I can't see any harm in trying! The southbridge would be important to the precise timing needed for Burning DVDs. I'll have a look in OverDrive right now!

Russ

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

well...a 0.1v increase had no effect. However, im also looking at other variables now too. See...when I noted that the problem arose on the 14th, I started thinking what else did I do that day. And well, thankfully it wasn't too much LOL! My first thought was Grand theft auto san andreas. Well...a game shouldnt cause this. But I also thought that the disc has been in one of the drives this whole time. But that also had no effect removing it. I am now leaning toward an install of alcohol, or anydvd running in the background. But since I run anydvd in the background ALL the time, I really doubt that thats the issue.

I wanted to use alcohol to emulate the GTA san andreas disc. But the disc has info on it that alcohol wont/cant rip(yes, its the original)! But I havnt uninstalled it yet! So its Virtual drive is still running in the background! I will attempt that in the morning! All of these attempts, installs, adventures LOL, were performed on the 14th of march! Well...at least im the only one who uses my computer. Thank god for that LOL!!! I will post about my no doubt success in the morning! For I dont take coincidences lightly!!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    The virtual drive is probably the most likely problem. I need to get some help with Hyper-Transport and ACC. I have no clue what either of them do! LOL!! Maybe I should google it! LOL!!

Russ

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

5 bad DVD drives? I'm in the greensman's camp. What is your pc doing to the new drives that it's not doing to the old one that works. Strange and I have no fix or solution to offer. I have had over the years 10 dvd drives-they all worked and not one has died while I was using that particular pc.

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    The only drive I've RMA'd in the last 4 years wasn't really the fault of the drive. It was taken out by a bad PSU with 4 days left on the warranty. Ordinarily, I would be looking for a problem somewhere in the computer, but this has now involved 2 motherboards, a DS4H and a UD4H and two different PSUs, the 460w that came with the case and the 500w one I replaced it with. When the Lite-Ons came, one was obviously bad because it made so much noise and vibration and the other Lite-On wouldn't burn! The second Pioneer was basically DOA. Everything was working fine and then last Friday the top one quit in the middle of a burn, and then yesterday, the other one did the same thing. The drive that failed on Friday has been disconnected since it failed. I pulled the other one yesterday and hooked up the AD-7170 in it's place, Same cable, same power molex, and I've burned 6 DVDs since installing it with no problems.

I'm probably going to hate myself, but I'm going to get a pair of AD-7220s Sata drives. The other odd thing is that neither drive would allow me to burn at 12x with Shrink. My options were Maximum (16x) and then 4.2x. I've never even heard of 4.2x! If I use Nero Burning Rom directly, it gives me all the normal speeds! Before the drives went down, I had all the speeds to choose from with Shrink!

I've had drives that I've gotten rid of because they were noisy, but never had burning issues with them, I just never bought them again. I had a Philips like that once! Oh well, I guess I'll wait until tomorrow and see what Newegg says!

Best Regards,
    Russ

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...As you can see, Disabling/uninstalling Alcohol (a dvd/cd emulator), I no longer have problems!!! Something to note for future readers. Emulators while valuable, CAN cause unusual side effects! I must admit though. Elby's V drive is working flawlessly! Not for GTA SA though! Ive given up on that endeavor. I do have the original dvd after all!
    Yet another above average burn for the Sammy! 12X TYG03 watershield!
    [​IMG]

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

wel back on the BRM. got most programs installed but still more to do.stopped to do this burn.
    clonedvd2 on the fly.ripped with the 7200A burnt on the 7220S

[​IMG]

not all programs are working like i had them.. nero cd/dvd speed wont let me change the amount of errors show in the graph. 50 is the lowest i can set it.. no biggie for now

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

An excellent burn there rob :D An excellent movie too :D :D

Dealing with yet another bug now. Most curious. Ever since I began running dual view, nero showtime has had an issue. See... I shut off dual view when im not running it. If I engage Showtime, and im not running dual view, it locks up! I dont know what the problem is yet. But if I am running dual monitors, there's no problem! And even funnier still, If I right click a video file (E.G. Divx file), and try to open with showtime, there is no issue dual view or not!!! Im really at a loss here. Whats REALLY weird is My windows get narly looking tracers when I attempt to move them out of the way. When I do that, its as though they multiply... cascade if you will! And the only way to end that unusual bug, is to end Dr Watson debugger! I thought that was a good program?

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres one i just did. same setup as the last

since ive installed everything new getting all my settings back is crappy..lol trying to remember everything..lol forgot to turn on the jitter test

[​IMG]

here it is with jitter on.. not to shabby.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

VERY nice scans there rob :D

Posting some scans at CDF. Figured I would post them here as well :)
    12X TYG03 Via Sammy! Yet another very agreeable TYG03!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's the 16X burn. As you can see, its even better in a couple of ways. I dont worry about spikes of 3 on this media. My LH-20A1H Lite-on drive, has proven that it can read discs with PIF in excess of 80PIF!!! Dont ask me how, because I found that extremely impressive! So as long as this media is within the standard, I wont knock this media too much anymore! Drives are obviously in need of Firmware Revisions! This brand new samsung is proof of that. Ive noticed with each new burner, that quality rises slightly with each new revision! They need to concentrate on the inlead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well, luck is on my side today. Newegg is going to take back the two failed Pioneers and issue a credit. I'm going to order a pair of AD-7220s drives to replace the Pioneers, and yes I do know they are Lite-Ons! I'm going to give Sata Opticals a try! LOL!!

Newegg has the 7200s in stock. Only problem is that they are beige!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118029
    Jump on those burners guys! LOL!!

Russ

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I like my Sata opticals(SH-S223Q)! :D They burn TYG03 VERY well! Though much like the Lite-on drives, they do prefer higher speeds. Which is fine by me! :D 4X TYG03 via Sammy. As you can see, it likes higher speeds as well(CAV write strategy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

16. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I just added it to my cart!!! Along with the BADBOY! Thanks buddy :D

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    You're most welcome. I figured that since it wasn't in your quote of my post, that you had missed it! Glad you got one ordered!

Best Regards,
    Russ

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

man that is a tempting deal there. but just getting the newest 7220S im loven it tbh i havent touched my other drives to burn just to rip or in the 20A4P scanning.....
    Russ your gonna love the 7220S even more if you get one made this year.

i did just install the newest versions of imageburn and dvdinfopro(i think on infopro) and cracked out this beauty with the 7220S
    getting ready to scan it in nero speed check.

[​IMG]
    i hope i have fixed my rebooting problems.

EDIT:
    here is the 20A4P scan. almost the same. still went almost 1.5gb before a recordable error.sweet. not bad i must say.. did have that thick spot of pif's but still not bad overall.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    Thanks for the insight! I was going to get the 7200A IDE, but I just switched the order to the 7220s. I'm finally going to try some Sata ODDs! Another small step for me into the 21st Century! LOL!! I just ordered them! Be here tomorrow!

Thanks again,
    Russ

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Had a little fun with Photoshop!!! :D You ask why purple! People are to gold, as I am to purple :D

Optiarc 1Z3 F/W 8X USB! This has me a bit nervous! Shows a steady incline in failures. Much like my DRU820 when it slowed to 4X ONLY burns! Although the DRU820 was significantly worse! This I would chalk up to:
    1. Southbridge issue (Too many devices, Not enough voltage?)
    2. The usb converter is failing
    3. Fragmentation of HDD(Unlikely at 8X and a FAST drive)
    4. Or simply bad cable. But since all of them act about the same...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009