Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ummm...guys. Is there something wrong with my computer!!! Nah, totally joking! Of course LOL! What can I say, I love photoshop :D
    12X Verb +R via SH-S223Q(Sammy), DESPITE it thinking that nero and the iHAP422 did it. Because they DID NOT! Imgburn and the sammy did this. And it would appear the Sammy MIGHT be getting better. PIF has dropped. The average has dropped. There are less orange spikes (PIF 5)! Perhaps this burner is on the other side of the spectrum LOL. They made it so well, that the lazer is basically overkill! I'll explain better if asked. But im probably just full of...IT!

A couple of things about this scan trouble me(Obviously)! The Large PIF spikes occur at almost exact intervals! And the fact that only the LH-20A1H lite-on picks them up. The iHAP does not. But it has proven itself a lousy reader :( But perhaps I shouldnt worry, because they do seem to be lessening!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 what settings are you running with the "Settings Utility"? You may have something working in there that doesn't agree with that drive. I don't have it and I'm prolly NOT gonna buy another drive for some time now. I'm sure you can find something about the drive at CDF if you haven't already. :p

...gm

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

A guy on CDF tried to explain what was going on, but im not sure it applies to my situation. Im gonna try and find it on their site and post it here. Ive done nothing differently with these drives, compared to past drives. I did however notice, its set by default to a slower setting! Could this be some kind of riplock?

So apparently its just something a lot of lite-ons are capable of picking up on. Not really bad, just kind of irritating!

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Just started burning with the 7220A and you made the right call, this drive is good, several scans have come back with 95 and 98's play flawlessly on the standalones.

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah, I suppose I woulnt hesitate to buy a 7220. But they're liteys! If If im buying NEC thats what I want! Thats the way I feel about it anyway :) However at the same time, a burner is a burner, LOL!

Here is a 12X Verb via Nero Burning Rom(9.0.9.4). It closed the disc +R booktype! As a opposed to the imgburn default of -ROM! It does seem to be getting GRADUALLY better!!!
    [​IMG]

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Guysm
    I'm having a problem here. When I burn a DVD, it goes all the way to 99%, and goes into limbo! The light blinks on and off, but you can't open the drive even after shutting down Nero 6 with the task manager. You have to re-boot the computer to gain access to the drive! Another strange thing is the Read Ahead Buffer doesn't go down like it should, it stays completely full. Any ideas??? I tried ImageBurn, but I have no idea how to get it to work! I have 2.4.2.0 and I installed it but it doesn't seem to work like nero at all. I can't copy the Video files by clicking on the VIDEO_TS folder when I click the Add Files button.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated,
    Russ

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I sent you a PM buddy :D Any more questions, i'll help in a heart beat! You've been so kind to me :)

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thanks Dude!

JRS

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No prob russ :)

Heres an ugly scan! 16X Verb via imgburn and SH-S223Q. There were no visible flaws on the dye! This burner really seems to prefer -R's!!! I suppose thats not impossible. I have heard of select few cases. Perhaps this is simply the first time ive seen them first hand!

I suppose its also possible, given the age of this ISO image, the area its at on the HDD platter could have caused it(fragmentation). But I doubt It!

This would be a prime example as to why scanning should not be shunned! Now if a person is doing POINTLESS scanning...and I mean scanning EVERY disc to no end!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  10. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ did you ever get the thing to "close" the disc? I'm sure it's something simple and can be fixed with some quick and deft maneuvering. ;)

O-man7... a HDD degrag could help but tbh I haven't done a defrag in a few months now.lol. I'm sure I don't do the amount of video rendering you do either. :p

....gm

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres an iHAP422 @12X burn. Been a little while, LOL! Another typical iHAP TYG03 burn. I'll say this for it, "its consistent!" I really think that thats where this burner shines. It cant read discs very well, but the sucker has produced some of the best burns ive seen. :)
    Although the jitter is a bit erratic. Im sure its fine!
    [​IMG]

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I was able to make burns on both drives with Imgburn, although one of the drives gave an error message.

[​IMG]

I did manage to get it to complete a burn on one drive and got this error when I scanned it!

[​IMG]

I think there is something wrong with the Southbridge, since IDE and Sata are both controlled by it. Also, the video still jumps when it slowly pans a scene, even when played direct from the HDD! I've done everything I can do at this point. I flashed the latest bios from GigaByte, and the latest chipset drivers from AMD. It still giving me fits!

Russ

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Im sure youve thought of this, but I gotta ask. Was the disc you ripped clean? NO scratches!

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    I checked the disk very carefully with my 7 power Opti-Visor and there are no scratches or any imperfections in the dye that I can find.

Best Regards,
    Russ

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yup, I think you would be right to assume Southbridge at this point

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ you know how I am.. but at this point I'm with your deductions unless you find something else. It happens and should be NP getting fixed and back to theonejrs. :)

...gm

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I pulled both drives out of mine, and tried them one (only two Sata) at a time in Oxi. Both burned buy different methods and they finalized and played just fine. If I play a DVD from my HDD, it suffers the same jumpy video problem. I'm going to RMA the Motherboard to GigaByte. I could probably talk Newegg into a replacement but I'm sure Danny wants to see this one!

Since all the others were IDE, and these are two Sata, that's two strikes against the SB750. Besides it's got to be either the MB or the CPU. Everything's been changed but! Last night, because of the way the drives would be good one time and no good the next and kept switching back and forth for no good reason, where they would burn or fail at random, I'm inclined to replace the MB! That would leave one thing left if it doesn't work and that's the CPU. Did Rob write this script??? LOL!!

Russ

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

that error there is cause by the fact your drive(same as mine) cant do a jitter test in nero i get that also.
    as for the SB those are the same type problems i have with my GA-EP45-DS3R.

The sataII 2 and sataII 3 slots are crappy they work some times and some times not. i put that in the rma form also.

onto some burns. just did this puppy with the 7220S im scanning it now in the 20A4P

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

check out that buffer % gotta love this drive.

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and another. disc to disc on the fly clonedvd2 and anydvd
    AD7200A rippin
    AD7220S burnin
    DH20A4p scanin
    [​IMG]

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Some nice scans there rob! You know...you and russ make me nervous LOL! Going on about the S-ata ports and all. None of my drives, or ODD's have given me trouble yet, but it still makes me nervous! Infact, this burn is from my less used Sammy via S-ata connection. Both my new sammys continue to produce above average TYG03 burn quality!!! I hope that I simply got a board that was built on a Wednesday LOL!!! 12X TYG03
    By the way, im gonna continue to change the visual theme every time. Its both fun and a learning experience for adobe photoshop!!!
    [​IMG]