1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

greenie you didn't snap one of the new optiarc-NEC 7240s up??? You must be sick.

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a slightly scary burn. Ehh...it hasnt seen too many discs. I have two of these burners. This one hasnt seen nearly the amount of discs as the other. 12X Sammy TYG03
    [​IMG]

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

ZoSoIV I believe 21/2 years may be right.Adriana is used pretty much every day!The Plextors have yet to give me a bad deal. When Adriana first came she got a new drawer plate and a little tweak on the laser[one thing I liked about Plex tools].Omegaman would've loved playing in the Plex Tools.I may have spent a bit more on the Plextors new but they've outlasted any other drives and Adriana just sings when she's put to the task. The only disk she's ever refused is a windata double layer.The price I paid you for her was a definite steal.I don't know how many disks you put through her but right now she's pushing a 1000 not counting cd's.

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a FUGLY scan, LOL! Its as old as it says it is. No doubt burned at 4X via the Sony DRU820. It was my preferred burner at the time. I guess it doesnt surprise me the Litey can read it. Its a friggin FREAK of Technology LOL!

The failures are due to the cd/dvd booklet, some of my discs are stored in. In out, in out, in out, etc. Trying to keep everything alphabetized. After a while, a scuff begins to form! REAL NICE! Case logic too! Wish I could find one of silk, wonder if it would help though. Discs are finicky!!!
    [​IMG]

EDIT - Spelling and grammar :O

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  5. greensman

greensman Regular member

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Since we're doing oldies, here's one over three years old, that gets played a lot when the kids come, both mine and Russell's! It's stored in an Imation Disc Stakka. This was burned at 12x on an Emprex 16x DVD Burner and scanned on my 7220, still in the new machine. Not bad at all for a DVD this old, that's seen a lot of use!

[​IMG]

Those Sony/Yuden's stand up pretty good!

Russ

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes, the Yudens definitely have my vote! They are without a doubt the best ive used yet! Though the TYG02 Silver printables were also good. VERY good. Their scans were extremely similar.

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here's an 8x burn of the same Flic on the same Emprex drive.

[​IMG]

not too bad at all for a three year old burn!

Russ

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Definitely looking good for its age :)

Heres a 12X burn on Sammy B im calling it LOL. It hasnt gotten quite the attention of the other. Showing to be a little better. Though I dont like the 4 high spike. Im sure its fine. Jitters looking pretty stable/consistent.
    [​IMG]

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

16X TYG03 Via Sammy B(SH-S223Q)

Well...I can see im gonna have to bust this drives butt today, LOL! Usually 16X burns yield the best quality amongst my drives. This one got worse. It could simply be that it needs to rip more discs, or it could simply be that its not as good as its twin drive. Time will tell. I'll have it rip multiple discs today, to see what happens.

I suppose its buffer is looking pretty erratic as well!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@cincyrob

Got my new Optiarc Sony 7240S(no mention of NEC on drive-the 7200S had Optiarc-Sony-NEC.) Put it in did one burn at 16X performed quietly and had a 95 score going when I terminated test and took it out and put it back in the box. You CANNOT set the booktype of +R discs to DVD-ROM, it comes with DVD+DL set as DVD-ROM---strange. I'll wait for Liggy and Dees to write the hacked firmware to change +R booktype to DVD-ROM. So far not disappointed. CDRLabs thread I found had it burning a SL disc @24X in under 4 minutes. JM2C I may play with it more this weekend.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Cincyrob,
    Quick drive question! Do I need to do anything with the firmware on my new 7220s drives?

Best Regards,
    Russ

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ you might look for the "Settings Utility" from CDF and see if it will allow you to set the drive. IF NOT then try using IMGBURN and the booktype feature and see if it will under the different tabs the drive could/should be. You know like Sony, NEC, LITEON... and so on. ;)

hth....

...gm

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    That's the thing it's set to booktype now! Both Imgburn and Nero show it as booktyped already???

Russ

15. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

Russ i didnt have to mess with the firmware on the new drive i got it had the 1.01 in it allready but i have heard there is a 1.02 out now.. im not messing with it. im loven the results i have now with the current 1.01fw.

Moony
    im sure there is a patch for it to booktype. i know the 7220S had one. liggy&dee will be on it im sure. ill give a look see at CDF and see what i can find out

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh I'm sure of that but will it BOOKTYPE all DVD+R media? I'm thinking it comes from the factory for DVD+R DL only, but NOT 100% sure. :)

....gm

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    It seems to bootype all +R media, because that's all I use. I think I've burned maybe 10-12 -Rs, and they were freebies! I'll have to ask Rob about that because he's got one with the same firmware I have. I know the older firmware only did +R DL, but I'm not 100% certain. Nero says it does, and so does Imgburn.

BTW! How do you find your way around CDF? Trying to find anything there if you don't know where to look is amazingly difficult. I couldn't find a thing on the 7220s at all!

Russ

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Not seeing much on the 7220 myself at CDF! But for future reference, an appropriately worded google search, will yield cdfreak forum/threads regarding burners, hardware, etc. I only saw 2 different threads regarding the burner. Rob was involved with at least one of the 2 :D

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ gm (are you being replace as your ceo??

You are correct it(7240) will booktype +R DLs out of the box, but not +Rs yet. They are working on it according to CD freaks. Could not bit set in ImgBurn or Decrypter or Nero.

Here's the scan from virgin burn

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-04-01

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Russ
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/optiarc-ad-7220a-254666/

theres a link to the 7220S at CDF some good info there. the 7220A/S isnt to well liked cause its not a true NEC, and nota liteon per say. liggy & dee said theey wasnt gonna mess with itcause its not a true sony/optaric/nec. and codeking said he would try somehtng with it once he had one but not being a "liteon" hes in no rush... but im sure someone will work on it
    you have the 1.01fw in it now i wouldnt change a thing. OH and i remember now id did use smartburn(liteon tool) to auto set bitsetting when i opend it up it showed the 7220S as a drive it could work with.

@garmoon

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/optiarc-ad-7240a-s-results-discussion-269788/

thats a great link for the 7240 drive. it is the only one i have found for it so far. so im sure you have found it as well.

edit:
    liggy hasnt been able to crack the fw as of yet. so they are thinking we might have to wait for the first FW update to come from sony.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009