1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

2. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I just did a dual burn with my new rig. From my Raptor HDD at 8X to a 7200A, and a 7200S. The buffers were steady throughout. Burn time was unaffected. :D However, then I discovered another one of those dark spots on the disc(imperfection)!!! Since my LH-20A1H has proven spikes like this readable, I dismiss them. Hopefully they never get scratched in that area though. Cause then there will be trouble LOL! The Mentioned lite-on has been able to read spikes in excess of 80PIF!!!

I didnt see the need to run the CRC check any further. It was the 1.5 section I was concerned about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok i cant figure out how to use that chaos crystal program someone inform me..lol

5. greensman

greensman Regular member

Gosh Robert... it's a click here and a click there and you have that purty "picture" like O-man7 has. :D So if you haven't figured.. I'm NOT the guy for the job. :p

....gm

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Bigwill,
    Use either Photoshop or Gimp, create a second layer with approx 20-30% opacity, adjust to suit your taste, and paste it on top of the original scan.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

I have M$ Digital Image and it'll do the same thing. :) Robert if you haven't figured the first method out you may try another. :)

...gm

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ive found Chaos crystal pretty effective. However, I do employ photoshop as well, and am aware of that capability. This is another simple effective way of accomplishing that.
    [​IMG]

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got it to work, but its kinda weird how to do it. and you cant just save it. i had to use snagit to save it. here is what i got.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Way to go buddy :) What do you mean you couldn't save it? Hitting the printscreen button saves it to the windows clipboard, and ready for pasting into almost any art program. The same applies for text. Please note though, given encryptions and what not, the printscreen button won't always capture things. For example, video games, Dvd playback, etc. Those require more elaborate measures.

The printscreen button is next to the F12 button.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i have to bring up a image. then nero speed and make it transparent and put it over the image and use snagit to save the pic. if i use the print screen key it saves the enitre screen desktop and all.
    here is another one i did...

[​IMG]

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well now. I see snagit is a bit more advanced then the way ive been doing things LOL! Since I got so quick at it(My method), I never really thought that there might be better ways to "Snagit!" I guess what ever works though :)

By the way, did another Dual burn today. This time from the FALS 1Tb drive. It kept up easily!!! So I guess this board/southbridge what ever, can keep up with the high bandwidth. The thing is though, its been both IDE, and Sata on these burns. I would like to see how it does on 2 and 3 sata burners at one time. THEN i'll be on cloud nine LOL!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ive tried it the way you do it OM7. and i must agree snagit is a little easier...lol

just did this with a MCC004(16x+r verby) just found a few of them. used dvdinfopro to scan it on the 7220S

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    hey guys i think verbatim has been listing to us about the new style verbs... i just got 2 50ct cake boxes. they are in the new packageing with the purpleish blue color. but one of them was a darker blue. i open them both up and they are 2 different disc faces.. the old style and the new style. the old style has the 16x+r stamped on the inner hub(clear) like before. the new style has nothing on the inner hub(clear). ill take a pic of the 2 and post them later.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  14. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

my question is how we know what we really getting these days? it's called a copy cat law where a manufactor will take a product and stamp there name on it and try and sell it for higher cost and leave the little man out he's gets a % but not as much take home...it's like buying a porche instead of a voltswagon both (made in germany) same cars just a different name stuck on the hood we buy because of name and quality it's all Rebadged fellows look close there playing tricks with are eyes...now i took some shots myself and ran some disc's thru Dvd identifier all +R 16X discs verbs a 1 windata +R 16x and they came out the with the same ID Codes and the Windata was made in Taiwan (pack of 50)Got at Micro Center only thing that really looks real different is the hub on the windate it is'nt as clear see thru as the Verb's hubs are maybe cheaper plastic used but same dye was used to burn on...Good question huh

pic without verb
    [​IMG]
    verb with
    [​IMG]
    windata without
    [​IMG]
    now if I burn a Windata and post the scan you can't tell if it's verb or not...Id's below
    without the hub markings
    [​IMG]
    with the hub markings
    [​IMG]
    last but not lease the windata
    [​IMG]

Buy Taiyo Yuden if you can afford to, To bad they don't sell them in local stores:)

Happy Build'in
    Will...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
  15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I attempted a Triple burn. And I believe ive learned something valuable. 2 optiarcs can be supplied @ 8X simultaneously from ANY one of my HDD's with NO buffer underruns. I noticed when I threw a SH-S223Q into the mix, that their burn strategies were GREATLY different. Ive known this for quite some time. However it didnt occur to me til now, that it would effect simultaneous burning. Due to different burn strategies, all burners slowed to 4X. Im betting that 3 optiarcs, or 3 Samsungs, would work! As long as their burn strategies are the same or VERY similar. The samsung buffer was very erratic, while the optiarcs were strong and steady! But then, optiarcs are sold in duplication towers, so maybe they were built for it. Despite buffer underruns, the scans turned out well. I see no reason to scan the 3rd disc :D 15 minute burn isnt bad for 3 simultaneous discs. But I firmly believe that 3 burners of identical strategies, would complete at 8minutes +/-

The Samsung burn is the one I was most worried about. As I said, its buffer was VERY erratic! And yet, its one of the best TYG03's ive had!

The Verb however is looking VERY GOOD! ALMOST 98 ehh garmoon! LOL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 you're right on the "similar" write strategies or they will NOT write above 4x or at all if you're truly unlucky. ;) I use 2 LITEONS and 1 AD-7200S when I do multi-burns and normally reach 8X with NO issues. ;)

....gm

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Appreciate the confirmation GM :D Ive only got 3 like/similar burners, 2 7200A's and a 7200S. And well, the lite-on uses one of those channels sooo....:p

Oh well. Cut my burn times in half :D

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

You can prolly get all 4 of those to burn at the same speed... about 8x.. which gives you 4 discs in 10 minutes or so?? That's less than 3 minutes a disc. :D

...gm

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I dont burn so much with the Lite-on(LH-20A1H) anymore. And im pretty sure its strategy is significantly different, depending on +/- R. +R's start quickly, where -R's take about 40Sec to get going. +RW's start SUPER quickly.

I believe +RW's dont require a leadin in the traditional sense

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

are you doing the multi burn with neroburning or just useing 3 different burning programs? when i use neroburning rom and the same iso on a differnet hdd than the program im useing i use all 4 of my drives,7200A,7200S,7220S,& the DH20A4P. and as GM said it takes about 11 mins to do 4 disc
    just did a 4 disc multi burn. it took 15:22 to complete. i did use 2 different types of dis and the drive that had the different disc was the last to finish. i used 3 tdk 16x+rs and a 16x-r verb. i think that had something to do with it being the last drive finished.

i also just did this burn here. on the 20A4P iwth a 8x-r TY,burnt at 8x
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009