1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I used/use nero burning rom for multiburning. Its better suited for it :) I have however been known to run 2 instances of imgburn, even Nero before I was aware of its wonderful little ability. I imagine every mobo is different too.

15:22 is a 4X burn. What speed did you choose rob? Cause if you chose quicker and it slowed to 4X, it was adapting to handle the demand. Dont get me wrong however. under 4 minutes a disc is pretty good.

2. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Have you tried burning any of the Windata discs yet? I'm currently burning a 25 pack of Windata + R 16x silver inkjet printable at 8x. Most seem to burn & test ok however I've had 6 that failed to finalize at the end of a burn. Must have been a bad batch as Windata has never given me this kind of problem before. Before I bought these I burned 200 in a row without a single problem.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I've been using Nero to do multiple concurrent burning for something like 4 years now, in that time i've been doing 2 at once as often as single burns come to think of it (so that means most burns are 2 at once), though i've done 3 at once very frequently indeed. I always do 8x, on a mixture of 8x and 16x discs, across IDE and SATA burners, across -R and +R (automatic booktyping also in the mix), across internal and external burners, and combinations of all of the above :)

4. dgdsa

dgdsa Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yea and keep your junk out of the fun house!!!!!!!!!!!!...

LMAO.

6. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

not bad for a cheap low end burner from micro center
    that is bein sold in a build...tranfer parts
    [​IMG]
    Samsung SH-222A 22X ide

24x liteon on it's way ETA wednesday:)

Happy Burning:)

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL, I wouldn't say LOW end. My SH-S223Q yields the best TYG03 burns to date :D Samsung is a VERY reputable company :D Though I must admit, my Litey has read some pretty ugly discs.

8. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

now see megaman7 i wanna try out that samsung SH-S223F model now to see how it acts with some burns liking the Access Time...i'll order 1 after the liteon gets here...:D...I believe nothing beats a Tai disc to burn on in quailty:D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes, my negative experience with TY has been very limited. Despite a few bad discs here and there, they still remain extremely good media. Though, I hear they may be going down hill...You can find a thread on Cdfreaks regarding that. The best media ive seen to date is the Yuden T02 media(Taiyo Yuden +R media). Though MY samsungs are most unusual with +R's.

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well let me get back in the game.
    heres one i just did. not to bad id say.plus there was some multi tasking going on to..lol
    [​IMG]

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i got a couple more scans/burns here to post.
    been useing the AD7200A as the reader/ripper
    and burning with the AD-7220S and the 20A4P useing 8x-r TY's burnt at 8x

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that last one there im gonna scan in the 20A4P and see what i get.

but not right now. the wife bought me Guitar hero Metallica edition. i will be playing that for the next 4-5 hours..lol

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice scans Rob. ;) You enjoy Guitar Hero. ;)

13. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i just played 4 songs. this is alot better than GH3..lol

here is the scan of the same disc on the 20A4P
    [​IMG]

14. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

first burn with the 24
    [​IMG]
    the pie chart started out pretty high from the center of the disk out
    i like what ic from this iHas model it got the BL14 firmware as you can see it was a disc to disc burn ripped with the gh22np20 Lg the lite was made march 2009 so maybe a ways down the line...i almost had a 98% but it was a flaw in the disc...i believe me a finger print can throw everything out of wack and i did'nt touch the dye either...lol I like the spaces between the Pif towards the center of the disc gotta set the jitter control:)

enjoy burning:)

taiyo rules

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
  15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Been a little while, ehh. 8X Dual Sammy burn via Nero Burning Rom.
    [​IMG]
    As well as something else at least some of you can appreciate. Or perhaps a giggle for others LOL!
    [​IMG]

16. Eldelbajo

Eldelbajo Member

Hi. I'm new on the forum, but I've been reading this thread for a few months. I use CD-DVD Speed version 4.51.1 on two BenQ DW1650 (FW: BCDC). In my work I have to regularly burn Dual Layers. Since we ship to customer we do Quality Score on every disc to check for playability. I guess my DW1650 will die anytime now so I need a replacement. I need a drive that can scan both layers. The only one I've seen in the forum that also calculate Jitter is the Lite-On LH-20A1S. This model is also discontinued. The LH-18A1P only handles ist layer of jitter from the graph posted on this thread.

Do you know of any other drive that can handle DL and shows both layers of Jitter?

I test on 4X CLV. I burn MAM-A (Mitsui) discs at 4X on Pioneer DVR-112 drives.

Thanks for any info.

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Eldelbajo I'm doing some looking.. sorry for NOT knowing but it's a FUNNY thing that second layer. ;)

ADD: It looks as tho the newer LITEON drives are scanning the second layer. I know for sure the iHAP322 model is. I'll continue to look for you and maybe even find some links to purchase a drive from. ;)

ADD2: From everything that I could tell the newer LITEON drives will scan the DL discs. Models 120, 320, 420 seem to work with the patched version of Nero CD/DVD Speed by CodeKing. hth... ;)

click for Nero CD/DVD Speed by C0deKing for use with the newer LITEON drives...

I hope this answers what you were asking. If you can find a good used or NIB BENQ DW-1640 or DW-1650 that would be good too. GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ha ha. Also a good burner. Just like mine, except its the S-ata version! I paid 60$ at office max, and its still the burner I trust more than any other in my tower. Its seen more discs than I can count LOL! Its been an excellent burner, and an even better ripper! It truly is a shame they discontinued it. All good things though...

Heres a 12X verb burned with the LH-20A1H. As you can see, She's still got some burning left in her :)

Hey GM, any thoughts why the Jitter scanning is slower in windows 7 V.S. XP? CONSIDERABLY slower. I'd say it takes 4-5times as long.
    [​IMG]

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

Nice scan O-man7. ;)

The LH-20A1S is a terrific drive and I have a couple too. :p

Anyway... I have NO idea why the program runs slower in Win-7 compared to XP. Is there anything in the OS that will allow 'trusted' programs to do their thing?? Just thinking out loud really... sorry for the lack of an answer. ;) Go into the settings and see what the JITTER is running at? You can scan at 8x and run JITTER at 4x IIRC.... I think the default setting is 8x right now... I like to scan at 4x tho.. just old school on some things tho. :D

edit: stupid GM erased the quote []'s .... lol

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I usually scan the discs that I do, at 4X. The jitter on XP is usually pretty swift(relatively quick). About a minute or minute and a half. On windows 7 here, it takes several minutes. Im not seeing a setting for increasing the Jitter speed test. Anyway, its all default, thats all it ever is. Something about windows 7 has interfered with it.