1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Sorry to hear that buddy.. I'm at a loss for ideas tho.. I've never run Win7.. I have the beta but decided I didn't wanna mess with it for now. ;)

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

GM, You might consider the "Windows 7 RC" available for download tomorrow.

Heres a little burn. 12X disc to disc via imgburn. From my Sammy(SH-S223Q), to the 7200S Opti. Not too bad considering :D The sammy so far is the quickest ripper ive seen(disengaging riplock of course). I had to try it. it peaked at 12.5X 17,500kb/s. Burn completion at 6:45 My current Samsung burners have proven themselves slightly better burners then the Optiarcs on average. At least for overall burn quality. I still like the Optiarcs a lot though :)
    [​IMG]

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

No doubt the first on the planet. Perhaps the only one there ever will be, heh heh.
    Windows 7 RC burn 8X 7200A Optiarc. Had the ISO been any larger, it would have hit the typical area where I get a spike of 2 PIF(3.1GB)! I got lucky here :) Gotta love these T02's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. greensman

greensman Regular member

O-man7 I may consider Windows 7 RC. ;)

Here is the Staples HP DVD-R 16X media.

CMC MAG AM3 (HP brand)
    IMGBURN 8x
    Burner: AD-7200S
    Scanner: LH-20A1S

STAT
    [​IMG]

SCAN
    [​IMG]

NOT the typical burn for me with CMC MAG AM3... Maybe it's the image or it could be the "brand". I'll do some more of course just to make sure. ;)

5. Eldelbajo

Eldelbajo Member

Hi. Greensman & Omegaman7, thanks for your replies and suggestion on other Lite-On models.

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey there all
    It's been awhile since a did or posted a scan so thought I see what's up with the Verb 16x hub printables I picked up recently at SMS - 100 for 29.99. I haven't had Verb printable for awhile and may pick up some more if SMS sells them again for that price.

[​IMG]

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

L@@K at what the cat dragged in. LOL.

Typical scan with that media I'd say... Where's your JITTER?? :p

Good to see you binkie7.. hope all is well with you. ;)

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hey Binkie7. Hows life :)

Well...Its been a while since I burned a TYG03 at 22X. Stay tuned LOL!

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...This is not what I expected. This burner has put out some freakishly good TYG03 burns at high speed(Apparently the worst too). Im not sure what went wrong here. The buffer sure looked erratic! Ehh...This burner, like ive said is more my ripper than my burner sooo...:p
    Besides, 22X burns are kinda pointless at this point. 16X has slowly but surely been proving itself, but 22X is still just not quite ready. Though the optiarc has done pretty good at 18-20X. You know...It would not surprise me if the LH-20A1H could rip and CRC check this badboy either. My lite-on drive has ripped/read some nasty looking discs!!!
    But I seriously doubt that a dvd player would be ok with this disc LOL!

LOL, I can make out the imperfections visually!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

what 5 days with out a post???

dvdinfopro
    [​IMG]

Nero
    [​IMG]

burnt on the AD7220S

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

I found this and was wondering if you've seen it yet Robert. ;) I'll post somewhere else as well... NOT really the thread for it but if you've had a 3540 or know someone that has I'd be interested. ;)

NEC ND-3540A

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

NEC's are definitely awesome.

Heres a few hot off the burner LOL! The first was burned from the WD FALS 1TB drive. The second was burned from the Veloci raptor. Can't wait to get a Solid State Disk to play with :D The Verb is sure looking good! The TYG03's are simply finicky about getting a super good burn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

This is a scan of a copy I just made!

[​IMG]

This is a scan of the original copy I made this copy from, with Nero disk to disk via ISO Image!

[​IMG]

Here's the interesting thing! This was scanned and copied from the same drive. I watched the DVD before I copied it and it and it played fine, yet scored an 84, with ten+ times more PIFs and three times as many PIEs. Funny, it seems to read the disk while making the ISO without any difficulty for the 95, I mean, the score is much better on the copy, so why is it indicating that it's so poor when you scan the original? Both disks play flawlessly! All of that tells me that I will be doing a lot more watching and a bit less scanning as I usually get a 95 almost every time anyway! LOL!! The original that got the 84 didn't deserve it as Nero obviously had no trouble reading it to make the ISO, so why shouldn't DiskSpeed read it the same? DiskSpeed is their program, after all! It tells me that DiskSpeed is not a very valid test, as it's information is flawed! Looks like Nero got Ratted out by it's own copy software! LOL!!

Best Regards,
    Russ

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Riteks generally are not favored amongst cdfreaks LOL! Yes, I am a cdfeak ;) Verbatims are awesome, Riteks are not. But then, it still depends on the burner. But I did say generally(on average).
    My lite-on LH-20A1H has scanned a worse TYG03, that still passed a CRC check. But my lite-on is a freak of technology *Knock on wood*

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    Think!! You are missing the entire point! The errors are there on the original DVD. They show on the scan! Those errors didn't suddenly decide to take a trip to Hawaii, and vanish. If Nero's own copy software can read it, than the Nero scanning software should be able to read it about the same. That's what the test is for, to see how good your burn is, and it's not telling you the truth!

Russ

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

I believe it's measuring the quality of the product you burned NOT the quality of the digital fine. Mount the "image" file from your HDD on Daemon tools or virtual clone drive and then see if NERO scans the thing. What do you get?? That's strait from your HDD!

I don't use the scanning process that much any more but it does give you and idea of the quality of the burn and the disc. NOT fail proof as I've proved before but that's another story!! lol.

How is everyone doing?? Been busy with other things lately. ;) Keep 'em strait ROBERT!!! :D

17. Eldelbajo

Eldelbajo Member

Hi theonejrs. I think I can help on this.

I've seen many times that a copy had a score higher than its source, no matter that you duplicate from a replicated or a duplicated source. To my understanding, a disc might lose quality score points by how many times the drive have to use the error corretion to play the disc. But if a drive is able to completely create an image to make a duplicate, the score of the source won't matter any more. You have an image, you transfer an image to a new duplicate target disc and there's a new chance to start with a 100% score when you test the new duplicate.

With that said, once I saw a CD that looked pristine but failed a checksum verification against a previously stored result. Checking in another tester I saw some spikes in the data transfer rate (like too much data correction). I tested its source and it had the same spikes on the graph. When I checked the source read side, there were scratches at the exact radius where the spike of data transfer rate were. Meaning that if when you are duplicating you are able to completely create an image to duplicate, but that image has a problem, it is possible that you copy the problem.

Yes, it is true that if you can play a disc who cares about the score. However, when you have a product that you manufacture and you want to avoid customer escalations, you need to test and you have to establish a passing limit. In my case, for Dual Layers I use 88% score on BenQ DW1650 drives. I have made correlations with a high end tester, Datarius Analyzer (full scan can take 90-120 minutes for DLs!). A CD-DVD Quality Score of 88 passes all the time, but an 85% ocasionally has a POF on the Datarius. Most of the stuff I reject I do because of playability score of Nero, but otherwise the disc look pristine (most likely a dye or plastic mold problem). If there's some sort of contamination on the disc, you will see the spike on Nero Speed, and if it is Dual Layer and the layer break is at half you will see a mirror image spike (same radius on Lo/L1).

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

YES YES YES.
    BACK FROM VACATION

andas the Green Man said. the quality scans are of the burn done on the drive. the quality the burner did transfering the image/files to a disc. so if you have a drive that likes a certain media better than another then you will get by far better scans with that media on that drive.... myself i have found my AD7220S does like the ritek media and gives me a normal score of 90-95 for me thats great for that media. now on my 20A4P it dont like the ritek media i get a average score of 84-90 most the time. its all about finding the media your drive likes the best and use it on that drive. Haveing multiple drive(10+) as some have here...lol *Wink* it can use a wide variety of media to play with to find whats best for each drive.

here is a scan of the newer verbs 16x+r burnt on the 20A4P @8x
    [​IMG]

on of my better scans lately overall that is. lower PIE's and Pif's

19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM, I only had the Ritecs because I loaned some Verbs to my friend Frank, and he gave me F-16s back. It's the first decent score I ever got with an F-16! The R03's were much better!

Beat Regards,
    Russ

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

yeah Russ, I agree the 03 Riteks are better than the F-16 Riteks. The new TDK office depot brand are F-16s.