1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...let this be a lesson to some of you, that a good burn, doesn't necessarily mean that it will be free of bugs, and have longevity! When I first plugged it in, and saw that it was burned via AD-7200A(Optiarc), I was like NO...No WAY!!! Theres no way that this burner F---ed up this disc! It has a 100% track record, and it STILL maintains it! :D The reason this disc has MULTIPLE bugs, is because DvdFab, did not FULLY decrypt the files. I ran the same check with the ISO image that was still on my drive, and it had the same problems. No...this was not a bad rip, it was simply a bad Decrypt. I will not be trusting DvdFab with my backups anymore. At least not before the, "Red Fox" works its magic LOL! :D See... this particular movie, has both Fullscreen and Widescreen versions, and I never keep both, so I used Fab, to remove the Fullscreen vers, AND decrypt. I NEVER use Fab to decrypt. I've had too many probs in the past. Perhaps its just my luck though. AND...its also possible that I HEXXED this disc! Don't ask, you dont wanna know LOL!
    [​IMG]

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

so what's wrong with the disc-burn??

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

My guess is either pixelation or it doesn't navigate correctly... OR maybe both. ;)

I'm a big fan of RI4M or the "Red Fox"... I've heard a few problems with DVDFab and really don't use it at all.

O-man7... your thoughts please. :)

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Green/white/orange pixelation...basically, the encryption causes an interference/jamming signal. DvdFab didn't back it up properly. Dvd shrink, gave me an unusual error, with both the disc, and the ISO. Some kind of programming exception.

Don't get me wrong, DvdFab is the only program I currently know of that can strip one title from a movie, while maintaining all other titles. I simply don't trust its decryption algorithm for my back ups LOL! They're just not as quick/skilled as Elby :D

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Oman

You need to check out cloneDVD if you want to pick and choose what video titles you want on your disc. Could not be easier. You should also be using the sly Fox Anydvd. I have Fab(just reupped for 2 years platinum) and AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I mainly use anyDVD and NeroRecode doing just movie.I don't need menus and I like the movie to start when I press play.

Edit: I don't even like to get to a menu where I have to find the half hidden cutesy "play" to click on after watching movie commercials!!I keep waiting to see "Let's go out to the lobby to get some refreshments"

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah...Myself I try and maintain as much as possible, menus, special features, etc. I forgot that clonedvd was capable of that. I might have to give them another shot!

Oh, and im now thinking it was a different bug. Anydvd reports virtually NO encryption, other than the standard CSS! So now im wondering, if a background process with DvdFab is what caused it.
    1. When I opened up Fab, anydvd was running in the background, closed it, perhaps not quick enough.
    2. A program called FRAPS is always running in the background. It integrates itself into virtually any running video. Im gonna try and recreate the problem here in a minute.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ok. The problem doesn't appear to be FRAPS. Actually, It would appear that anydvd and Fab don't always mesh well together. Simply put, I allowed DvdFab to analyze the disk with anydvd running, then closed anydvd. Oddly, that didn't effect Dvdfab in its backup process. Basically, closing anydvd, changed the dvd enough, to effect the output. While they may run together sometimes/all the time, closing during the process was not a wise choice LOL! I Knew this before the fact, just didn't realize HOW picky it was :p

Ok, im finished with the Off topic LOL!

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Doesn't Fab tell you to turn off AnyDVD when you start Fab up??? Mine does!

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yes it does. Other people have said that running both at the same time, CAN have a better effect on some encryptions. I usually shut it off before opening fab to bypass the anydvd nag from fab. This time I spaced it, and closed it too late :p No biggie.

10. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

garmoon,
    Remember the male hotdog and the female hotdog bun, where she opens the bun and he jumps in! LOL!!

I use RI4M all the time and have only come across 4 DVDs to date that had to be ripped with something else. I don't do HD as I have no use for it, as we don't have HD TV. I do 90% of my movie watching on my computer anyway and we have no space for a large widescreen TV to begin with.

Russ

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Russ

Yeah it's shame they killed RI4M, But anyDVD will rip almost 100% of the movies out there and the .5% it doesn't, they are first to have the fix at least 99 and 44/100 % faster. I like easy. AnyDVD running Recode opening the movie only and it's already set to the parameters I use. Click the burn button and come back in 6 to 20 min and the finished product's sticking out of the pc depending on compression, burn speed or on the fly choice.

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Nope! RI4M, followed by DVDRB/CCE 2 Pass, and I'm a happy man! I've been using RI4M since the day it came out. It's success rate is better than .04% in over 400 tries with it. I have DVD Fab Platinum as well and I'll probably wind up buying into AnyDVD eventually, when what I have no longer works! I don't do Dual Layer or blu Ray either!

Russ

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

There was a time when I found "Rip it 4 me" useful. I stumbled on anydvd, and never looked back. Especially with $ony, Lions Gate, Disney, etc Dvds. They spend the big bucks on encryptions LOL! They really do need to just give up. There will always be a way to copy something. I feel for them, I really do. They wanna protect whats theirs. It all amounts to business. $ony, more than all of them should concentrate on their technology rather than throwing their money away on encryptions that will no doubt be broken in a day or less. Its become obvious to many people that their equipment is NOT what it used to be. I just hope that the PS3 my brother buys before too long is money well spent!!!

Not too bad a burn for 12X TYG03! I wonder how these sammy's would have done with TYG02's. I don't buy them anymore, but now im curious LOL!

[​IMG]

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Oman7,
    It's funny! Disney DVDs are the least problematical for me! I also find most $ony's to be pathetically simple! A recent one had the title name made with non-standard ASCI characters, and you can't use them for a folder name, so the rip failed because it couldn't create the folder. Renaming the folder it goes in, cured the problem! RI4M handled it fine after that!

Best Regards,
    Russ

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I actually believe that the DRM creators are some joined at the hip with the DRM crackers. They're both techs and wanting the other to be successful,; so the cycle will continue. What good would it be if someone actually created a DRM that no one could crack. He's out of a job. Like the March of Dimes in the 50s that put themselves out of business by eradicating polio. They were none to stupid in their move to genetic diseases to stay afloat.

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Lion's Gate has provided us with some of the more interesting nuggets to crack, like the Saw series. Just my 2¢ worth, but nothing that Slysoft couldn't handle within a week or so.

17. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

blivetNC,
    No offense meant, but I don't watch those kind of movies! Never did! I'm an Adventure and Family movie fan! Just me! I like to Laugh, Cheer and sit on the edge of my couch!. Occasionally I even cry! LOL!! If you can watch "The Ultimate Gift" all the way through without a tear, you're not Human! Great movie, Worst editing job I've ever seen, and I've seen some terrible ones. "The Creature From the Black Lagoon" comes to mind! LOL!! Looked like it was made in a swimming pool! LOL!!

I've had 4 failures with RI4M and DVDRB/CCE in 467 burns! I had a bunch when I had the chipset problem, but I don't count those as it was a bad Southbridge, not the drives or software! That still leaves 4 failures in 461 burns! Not a bad record at all!

Best Regards,
    Russ

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ BlivetNC

Yeah I like the hard ones (Lion's Gate)but even they have not been hard at all lately. They've taken the fun out of it nowadays! LOL

@Russ

I'm a big fan of all good horror pictures since I was 6-7. had many a nightmare- but I like nightmares and dreaming. "Creature" was one of my favs and I have them all on disc. Plus all the other old B&W ones. My first scary movie I can remember seeing is "Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" and then came "Them." I rewatch some of them yearly. "The Thing" was really funny since the carrot man was James Arness of Gunsmoke fame.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  19. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Garmoon,
    Them, gave me nightmares! The original "The Thing" can't hold a candle to the John Carpenter version! LOL!!

Russ

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Carpenter's "Thing" was the greatest.