1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Garmoon,
    What I object to is "Gore" for the sake of "Gore"! I spent a lot of my youth on the streets of NY! I've seen people shot! They take it too far and much too surreal! They dote on the surreal and ignore reality completely! It's like, "There's your reality people", when it's actually anything but! To me, it's a shame! There's still lots of beauty in the world for all to see. You have, but to open your eyes, to see it! There's enough misery and pain all around us, so why would I want to go see more? Like I said, it's just me and my ways. No knock on other people, after all it's entertainment! You watch what you want!

Russ

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

In keeping with the thread, here's an almost 3 yr old TY of "The Blob" with Steve McQueen. Not to bad went to Hell at the end. Burned with ImgBurn!

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-06-07

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  3. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT bad garmoon. ;) Considering the age of the disc and the possibility of a little dust on it I like the scan. :)

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Im betting you store it in a disc booklet? ;) They always get scuffed over time from the in/out, in/out. Though my oldest burners burn quality begins to degrade toward the end of the disc.

Awesome movie by the way LOL! :D

WHOOPS! I thought that was the 1988 version LOL!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a Dual Layer dvd. I usually dont do um, but this particular dvd has 10Hrs of video on it. I couldn't see compressing the living sh** out of it LOL! Not too bad for an 8X scan. The spike disappeared when I ran it at 2X.
    [​IMG]

6. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Garmoon,
    That's about the same as the TY-02 I posted back at the end of March. The differences between the two are interesting, like the huge difference in the maximum PIEs! 3 year old Yuden, looks good!

Russ

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Omegaman7

Yes I keep them in books. But that particular dvd has been played only once since it was made, and thus no in-out of holder.

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Huh. Any visible scarring, scuffing, micro scratching, etc? If not, then its similar to what my Dru820 does. Though my DRU820 is significantly WORSE LOL! It tends to move like a stair case. Every once in a while, I can get yet another good, burn, rip out of it though. But its useful days are over. Which is fine. It had seen well over 300 discs. Though given the average burner ive had, I prefer they see at least 500+ Then I know I can rely on them.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

and here is a poster child for what a scan should look like... when in doubt use a verb...lol i gotta leave the cheaper stuff alone.

[​IMG]

my best scan in a long long time.
    this is Gran Torino. clicked the wrong box when in setting options.

burnt on my AD-7220S at 8x disc to disc(on the fly) useing the AD-7200A as the ripper/reader. then scanned on the 20A4P @4x

figures it takes a Clint Eastwood movie to get this kinda scan.... this is by far my lowest ever PIE amount. PIF's i have had lower but the PIE'S on this one is awesome.

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOT bad Robert... NOW let's see you get those PIF's down and the JITTER too!!! heheheee...

j/k buddy.. that's a great scan!!! GOOD movie too!

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

What's up with AnyDvd these days? I just downloaded the latest (6558) direct from Slysoft to try it with the 21 day free trial and as soon as I tried to use it I got a message that the Trial Period had expired! This is a fresh install of XP-Pro on a fully wiped drive, so I'm wondering what sort of crap Slysoft is pulling! The real gripe is that this DVD is a 65 year old movie, and it plays fine, I just can't find anything that will rip it! Any ideas?

Best Regards,
    Russ

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Russ using the BETA version of the progie is gonna do that.... you might try using the "final" released version and see what happens. Read about that yesterday as a matter of fact. As you know it's NOT the age of the movie but the age of the encryption.... TRY DVDFabDecrypter and see what you get.... there is a "new" FREE release on their website.

try this LINKY for DVDFab FREE

GOOD LUCK buddy....

13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I have both the latest DVD Fab (6.0.1.0) and the latest Anydvd (6559), and I keep getting this message.

[​IMG]

I'm going to send back the DVD on Monday and get another one. It could be a defective DVD, as I know the region code is set properly to region 1! Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
    Russ

14. greensman

greensman Regular member

@Russ..

seems as tho you may have a "damaged" DVD. Good luck with the "return".

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah the dvd is defective and you need to return it to where you bought it.

16. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Well Folks, I got the replacement DVD and it works just fine with RI4M. Thank all of you for your help.

I have a question regarding making an image of a DVD. I have Alcohol 120%, and I thought that I would make an image of my copy, since you can't seem to make an image of the DVD itself because it's copy protected. I made an image and it would only do it in an MDF format, not an ISO. That winds up giving me two files, totaling more than 8GB! Can you even make an ISO of a backup? I've read here many time of people talking about making an ISO, so what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance,
    Russ

17. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

The method I use to make a back up ISO image of a DVD is to use DVDDecrypter in conjunction with AnyDVD to make a 1 to 1 copy of the DVD. At one time DVDDecrypter worked well by itself, but the newer protection schemes are too much for this program which has not been updated in years. There are many more options to extract the entire DVD, CloneCD is another way, but this is the method I know and use.

18. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thank you very much! MGDs all around Bartender! LOL!!

Russ

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

anydvd has a ripper as well. you can rip as a ISO.clonedvd2 will let you rip as ISO to file(hdd). choose output method as iso/udf files and save to hdd. these 2 are the best ones i have used to create a iso.

20. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Thanks Rob. No offense meant, but I hate AnyDvd's Ripper! I'm going to use Imageburn! with AnyDVD. Seems to be the easiest! thanks again!

Russ